The Demand Planner is responsible to define the 18 months rolling forecast as input into the supply plan and initiates, organizes and executes all necessary activities to improve the quality of the demand plan.
• Consolidate on a monthly basis the 18-months demand plan (Create, Sell, Make, consumables, INS) and periodically define the long term demand plan (1-3 years)
• Collaborate with all stakeholders (Create, Sell & Make and Finance) to run this process in a lean & efficient way.
• Setup, together with SELL team, an improved way on generating demand plan by using statistics as basis, analyze factors impacting demand, enrich with the market intelligence (cannibalization, promotions, new markets/products, seasonality, …) and align with stakeholders on final demand plan.
• Organize and lead bucket planning meeting with CREATE
• Understand the sales/marketing/create/make plans as basis to make best decisions.
• Keep any relevant master data up-to-date
• Liaise with supply planners to provide operational/tactical options or solutions in case of mismatches between demand and supply
• Participates in the supply planning review meeting, lead the demand planning review meeting within the S&OP cycle and perform necessary actions to prepare the executive meetings.
• Supports improvement of the S&OP process
• Initiate improvement activities (metrics, techniques, tools, processes, training, approach, involvement,…) and track performance to increase forecast accuracy and bias.
• Act as backup for supply planners
• Participates or takes the lead in continuous improvement initiatives for the benefit of the team/division/company.
- Master or Bachelor degree preferably in supply chain management or equal through experience.
- At least 2-5 years of work experience in demand planning, S&OP and implementing new planning processes & tools, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in demand planning systems and statistical models.
- Experience within the medical devices/biotech industry and demand planning for new markets/products are considered a strong plus.
- Advanced understanding of demand planning processes (incl S&OP), tools, concepts, …
- Proven track record of successful collaborations with Sales/Marketing teams.
- Good knowledge of quality procedures and working in a regulated environment.
- Passionate planner with great eagerness to learn/improve;
- Good communication & listening skills;
- Well-developed organizational & self management skills;
- Ability to deal with different opinions and capable of leading teams towards best outcome decision based on data;
- Analytical and accurate mindset with an eye for detail;
- Strong influential and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to see the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem solver;
- Diplomatic and customer-focused;
- Result- and solution-oriented with a collaborative mindset;
- True team player who likes to work cross-functionally and with all levels of the organisation;
- Works well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is able to prioritize and respond fast to changing needs of the business.
- Language skills : Fluent in English (both written and spoken). Dutch or any other European language are considered a strong plus.
- PC skills : good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access)
We offer you an exciting job in a fast growing international and innovative environment.
You will be part of a very dynamic Supply Chain team.
You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job where you deem it necessary: we value your input. We offer you an appropriate compensation package.