The Procurement Specialist is responsible for supplier assessment, selection, negotiations and performance management for your assigned product categories with focus on quality, availability, service and cost.
The Procurement Specialist supports the Sourcing Manager in various projects (continuous improvement, new product introduction, …) and acts as his/her backup.
• Define, implement and continuously improve procurement processes (Products, customers, vendors, pricing,…) in close collaboration with the sourcing manager and internal teams;
• Execute all required administrative activities related to procurement (such as but not limited to approvals, follow-up on PO’s, order confirmations, creation of new suppliers, … );
• Initially, the primary focus will be in (bio)chemical materials (eg enzymes, oligonucleotides, chemical solutions);
• Develop material category tactics and implementation plans, involving all relevant stakeholders;
• Perform Supplier assessments & selection in conjunction with Quality Assurance and subject matter experts;
• Develop and maintain the right relationship with our suppliers;
• Responsible for Supplier performance management (together with QA), supplier rating and improvement and price negotiations for the assigned categories;
• Develop and maintain Risk mitigation plans, (e.g. financial, capacity, quality, compliance);
• Lead cost saving activities with the supply base and drive benefits of scale;
• Train and transfer knowledge to internal teams;
• Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders and provide regular and clear visibility on activities and results;
• Support and coordinate New Product Development – and Introduction-projects;
• Responsible for the achievement and reporting of the procurement KPI’s.
- Master or Bachelor degree preferably in Biochemistry or equal through experience;
- Any certification/education in procurement is a plus;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in procuring (bio)chemistry within a manufacturing environment or in a design and development role (biochemical);
- Procurement/sourcing within international production environment;
- Basic knowledge in supply chain management (warehousing, transportation, manufacturing, planning);
- Interest and affinity in systems and processes;
- Good knowledge of quality procedures and working in a regulated environment;
- Good communication and listening skills;
- Well-developed organizational skills, able to prioritize;
- Analytical and accurate mindset with an eye for detail;
- Strong influential and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to see the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and able to manage multiple priorities;
- Diplomatic and customer-focused;
- Result- and solution-oriented with a collaborative mindset;
- True team player who likes to work cross-functionally;
- Must work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize and respond to changing needs of the business;
Fluent in Dutch and English (both written as spoken);
Good knowledge Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access) and good knowledge in ERP systems (preferably AX).
We offer you an exciting job in a fast growing international and innovative environment.
You will be part of a very dynamic Supply Chain team.
You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job where you deem it necessary: we value your input. We offer you an appropriate compensation package.