Chemours is a global chemical company with leading market positions in titanium technologies, fluoroproducts and chemical solutions driven by the application expertise and chemistry-based innovations that we deliver to our more than 5,000 customers around the world.
Created by the spin-off of the DuPont Performance Chemicals businesses, Chemours builds on over 200 years of history. We have achieved industry leadership through a combination of market leading manufacturing and process technologies, applications expertise, customer intimacy, and chemistry innovation enabled by the company’s strong laboratory knowledge and leading scientists. Going forward, we are positioned to evolve both products and processes to drive performance and safety, as well as create value for shareholders through a focus on cash generation.
To support the Sourcing & Logistics team, we are looking for a Logistics Specialist. This position is based in Kallo, Belgium.
As Logistics, we will provide safe and reliable delivery of our products at the most optimal delivered cost through improved processes and capabilities. To execute, we will focus on these three levers:
- Simplify the way we work
- Connect across the organization and with value chain partners to improve efficiency & unlock value
- Focus and Improve on what has made us successful
- Reporting to Logistics Manager EMEA, this position is primarily responsible for optimizing logistics processes, either at a local or at an EMEA level. Chemours recently implemented a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment for both its transport and customs processes. The person will be working together with subject matter experts to lead or co-lead change management in this Logistics project.
- Provides assistance to both logistic functions and business units on special projects such as new business, new markets, supply chain transformations etc.
- Implements process improvements with suppliers and SBUs
- Is accountable to maintain, upgrade and adapt procedures to ensure a well-functioning Logistics order handling, transport and payment process
- Reviews requests for process adjustments and IT system enhancements and assists in implementations. Establishes priorities for implementation.
- Ensures that the processes are documented and kept updated
- Master degree in Economics or Bachelor Logistics Management
- Basic knowledge of the corporation’s logistics processes in the region. International Trade/transport experience is a plus
- Interpersonal skills and demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Ability to drive change and deliver results
- Openness to change, proactively seeking optimization and continuous improvement
- Networking capability and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in project management is a plus
- Language: English and Dutch
- Computer skills: MS Office, Sharepoint, Internet, e-mail, knowledge of SAP environment is a plus
- A challenging and diversified job in a dynamic team that is part of a growing company
- Attractive compensation with extra-legal advantages
- Qualitative training throughout your career offered by Chemours