Would you like to be part of THE Logistics Company of the World? A company working with employees of different cultures and operating in over 220 countries? A company that connects people across the world and in this way improves their lives? In that case DHL is the company you are looking for! Moreover, we provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development as we value our employees. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Within DHL Express the IT team is looking for an Operations Duty Manager to undertake proactive maintenance and administration of computer hardware, software and operations tools in support of the IT DevOps applications, services and ESBs. As an Operations Duty Manager you will also ensure improvement of the system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues, with particular focus on maintenance services for all IT DevOps services. You will ensure the maximum availability and minimum disruption and will ensure that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met.
The operations tools include Atlassian stack, Dynatrace APM, Elastic ELKR Suite, and Mercury TOPAZ.
What will the role look like?
- You will support business critical applications running within the area of responsibility of Production Services in IT DevOps
- You will document best practices and adhere to formal standards and processes
- You will gather, assess, and communicate critical operational information on a timely basis, by interacting with a broad set of teams
- You manage internal projects focused on application monitoring and on proactive support improvements
- You provide 2nd and 3rd level of support of systems running in IT DevOps
- You are able to use business knowledge and market data to develop solutions and establish clear priorities for actions to increase performance
- You provide technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- You provide reports and proposals for improvement to specialists, users and managers
- You investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problem and you ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services
- You will supervise a team of specialized technicians.
What Business skills are needed to excel in this position?
You select appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and you demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving. You have excellent communications skills, both oral and in writing and you know how to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. You rapidly absorb new technical information and you apply it effectively. On top you also have a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client.