Global Aviation IT Solution Architect
Global Aviation IT is looking for a motivated solution architect to join the IT Architecture team. As solution architect, you will be the key bridge between business and IT, determining to a large degree how IT is perceived by the internal customers.
You will operate in the functional domain of DHL Express’ 'Dedicated Network Management', which controls the aircraft & truck movements which are under the direct control of DHL and which transport the containerized shipments between our sorting facilities.
The main domain capabilities are:
* Movement scheduling: long term / short term maintenance of the aircraft & truck movement plan
* Movement preparation: flight dispatching, crewing, fueling, trimming, loading / offloading, aircraft maintenance, ...
* Movement execution: capturing timings, delays, routing, ...
Your prime responsibility will be to take care of the enterprise application integration aspects of the programmes and projects within or touching this domain: there is a continuous need to introduce or extend information communication services between the business applications, and this both internally (with other DHL divisions) as externally (e.g. with aviation authorities or airlines).
* Translate business requirements into a fit-for-purpose end-to-end IT system solution and document the proposed solution(s)
* Writing detailed system requirements for the integration platform
* Liaise with Enterprise Architects with regards to compliancy with corporate standards and guidelines
* Ensure the solution is supported by all stakeholders: business representatives, fellow solution architects, development teams, security architects, infrastructure architects and application support teams
* Report progress to programme management and IT project management.
What do we expect from you?
* You are an expert in writing, maintaining and reviewing detailed requirements, including diagramming techniques
* You have expert knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration patterns and software platforms that implement these (ESB, MOM, MQ products)
* You have expert experience with API management, protocols and data formats: SOAP, REST, XML/XSD, JSON, ...
* You are proficient in reviewing test designs
* You maintain and apply up-to-date specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles.
* You have experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
* You have a strong understanding of TOGAF or equivalent architecture frameworks
* You have a solid knowledge of the main products, services and business processes of the Express and transportation industry
* You are familiar with IT Security concepts
* You are an independent, flexible and analytical thinker
* You are able to perform in a very complex, multinational and multicultural environment often across multiple time zones, where consensus is critical for success
* You are fluent in spoken and written English & Dutch