The key role of the custom broker is the management of the global import/export flows, from start to end of the procedure. This includes in particular:
- Handle direct contact with external counterparts, in particular shipping companies (CMA CGM, Evergreen, MSC etc) but also road services companies and final clients.
- Write and implement customs declarations (ima, imz, exa, T1, etc)
- Warehouse management (7100)
- Handle direct contact with public customs authorites
Other responsibilities include:
- Attend physical controls and scans at the harbour (need a car)
- Process to access pin codes
The employee must be able to speak French, Dutch, English.
Prospecting for new opportunities to expand our portfolio of clients and their financial sustainability is also an important part of the role.
Career evolution: Duplat Customs Agency has a significant and long-lasting foothold in the Doornik area, and is now gradually expanding its activities through an ambitious office recently opened in Antwerp.