Euro Marine Logistics NV is a shipping company active in the carriage of vehicles by specialized vessels in European waters. The company was created as a joint venture between two of the largest players in the RoRo industry (Mitsui OSK Lines and Höegh Autoliners) and is presently operating 17 ships from their office in Wemmel (near Brussels).
Marine and Technical Department is seeking for its office in Zeebrugge a Port Captain to plan, execute and monitor efficient cargo operations of EML’s car carriers calling Zeebrugge.
- Attending vessel operations in port to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Plan, analyze and optimize cargo stowage and deck utilization on-board.
- Supervising H&H and breakbulk cargo operations incl. cargo acceptance.
- Continuous quality improvement and implementation of damage prevention measures.
- Coordinating with local parties to solve operational problems and troubleshooting.
- Manage daily communications from vessels, operator, agents, surveyors and stevedores to keep teams aligned and informed on vessel operations.
- Preparing training material and training of crew on cargo quality.
- Inspecting vessels and auditing stevedores’ performance.
- Conducting post-incident investigations and assessments, follow-up to ensure corrective measures are in place.
- Enhance quality and safety through close communication with the crew.
- Assisting with marine and technical matters.
- Degree in maritime studies
- Working experience in the car carrier/RoRo industry
- On-board experience is an asset
- Proficiency in English and Dutch, excellent communication skills in an international environment
- Quality mindset
- Proactive attitude to overcome and solve problems
- Demanding and rewarding tasks in an international, young and dynamic shipping company
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Employed on a local basis
Please send your CV with motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.