An excellent opportunity has arisen at our client's, a major International Air & Ocean freight forwarder, as they are currently looking for a manager who’d be leading their new branch in Antwerpen/Brussels .
• Building up and leading a small freight operations team + developing local sales
• Team support and organization - direct involvement in process of quotations/tenders/operations
• End to end responsibility for all freight transactions, cash flow, financial results
• Managing relationships with customers - personal relationship with current exporters/importers, research for new opportunities, sales calls, securing and growing new business locally
• Relations with suppliers, negotiation to achieve competitive rates while maintaining the highest level of service
The ideal candidates will have a good overall knowledge of all operations and sales tasks in a freight forwarding office. Experience in air/sea freight forwarding is essential. If you feel your promotion opportunities are limited with your current employer, we offer the possibility to develop your career locally, regionally & on a pan European basis.
• Ability to lead a young & dynamic team, ideal promotion opportunity for ambitious individual
• Fluent English
• Wide experience in freight forwarding business, ideally including both operations and sales
• Top Communication skills
• Organisational and planning skills
• Teamwork, good interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Interesting work in stable, international company
• Possibility of self - realization
• Interesting financial evaluation
• Personal skills growth
For more information contact:
Freight People is a boutique recruitment company solely focused on the freight forwarding, logistics and supply chain market offering recruiting services including executive search and permanent placement.