A leading player in automotive and industrial logistics, GEFCO offers its industrial customers global logistics solutions aimed at optimizing their complex supply chains, anywhere in the world. With nearly 12,000 employees, 44 subsidiaries and geographical coverage in 150 countries, GEFCO is pursuing an ambitious policy of international development and diversification of its customer portfolio. Our success is based on strong, competent and motivated employees and teams who know how to combine a requirement for recognized quality and performance with responsible management of their activities. You will directly report to the Port branch Manager.
GEFCO Benelux is currently recruiting a:
Deep-sea transport and customs officer
- Management of international maritime transport of vehicles for major export countries.
- Monitoring of different traffic from the approach to the port, to the reception and then the shipment, both at the operational, IT and documentary level, and this in relation to the various actors in the supply chain.
- Control and monitoring of customs documents
- Control of the deadlines and capacity set up in relation to the head office
- Guarantee of flow performance from an internal and external point of view
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring of approaches to ports of embarkation in Belgium and the Netherlands for vehicles destined for major exports;
- Validation of the volumes to be shipped according to customer requests;
- Booking of spaces with ship owners;
- Validation of the exits of goods from the territory at each boarding on the CCS used at the ports;
- Consistency and compliance check between GEFCO's IT system and the customer's;
- Confirmation of boarding and follow-up of maritime transport documents;
- Invoice registration;
- Management of import spot files at both operational and customs level;
- Management of possible damages in relation to the damage service;
- Maintain a privileged relationship with the end customer;
- Ensure the updating of the computer system in real time;
- Ensure the reliability of the recorded information;
- Set up means of controlling the activity;
- Classification of export documents for goods to ensure shipment;
- Control incoterms and documents related to export;
- Ensure compliance with the movement of goods in accordance with the customs regime in force.
- You are organized, available, autonomous and rigorous in your work;
- You have good priority management;
- You have communication skills and team spirit;
- Dutch is your Mother tongue. You are Fluent in English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- You have a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Nomad and Nostra;
- You are able to adapt and comply with the requirements;
- Quality and customer satisfaction are at the center of your attention;
- Versatility, pressure resistance and reactivity are part of your qualities;
- You have a driving license (5 years minimum);
- Knowledge of E-Balie, Incoterms and customs procedures.