GEFCO Benelux is currently recruiting a :
Procurement Officer based in Oosterhout (Netherlands)
You will directly report to the Procurement Director Benelux.
- Guarantee the procurement of transport services, rental trailers and any other additional services at the best possible conditions.
- Anchor the GEFCO Group's purchasing culture in his area.
- Establish tools and processes for the efficient management of the transport and services in accordance with the GEFCO Group's specifications.
- Follow the Group procedure while performing the activity
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of purchasing strategy in accordance with Procurement Director & GEFCO Group guidelines
- Introduction of practices, procedures and tools of the purchasing department
- Development and evaluation of KPIs for the department
- Management, updating and use of tools such as the CMS - Carrier Management System
- Identify and discuss with the Procurement Director the contracts that needs to be re-negotiated (Transport or Indirect Spend)
- Identify all the carriers for which a Contract/SLA should be implemented and launch the process
- Prioritize savings activities
- Propose Area(s) of interventions/optimization to the Procurement Director
- Collaborate with the operations and other departments to identify areas of improvements (Savings)
- Lead with the assistance of the Procurement Director RFQs
- Lead small saving projects within the different departments
- Support the Procurement Director and the Plant Managers to create a cost-saving mind-set
- The Purchasing officer will work under the supervision of and report directly to the Procurement Director of Benelux
- Able to perform supplier visits
- Able to travel
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a transport company, as a planner or as part of the chartering office in a logistic company
- Good knowledge of the Transport Market and specifically with carriers specialized in FTL, LTL activity
- Good experience regarding purchasing and financial figures
- Self-driven person & Able to work in team
- Good communication skills
- Dutch Mother tongue. Fluent in English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience to work with Software Database and willingness to improve them
- Able to deal with administrative tasks
- A full-time permanent contract
- A varied and exciting job in a dynamic environment
- An attractive salary package with many extra-legal benefits
- If you would like to join our team and apply for this position, send your CV through the application button (ref. PROC OFF NL)