With operations in 47 countries, GEFCO Group is a global leader in industrial supply chain solutions and European #1 in automotive logistics. We are proud of our 69 years of heritage and the expertise of our 15,000 employees around the world.
Our corporate culture is based on building Infinite Proximity™ in our relationships with all our employees and partners. That takes talent. We recruit the best to help us rise to our customers’ most demanding supply chain challenges. And to keep driving our business forward, we are committed to helping our employees develop the skills they need to thrive.
Teamwork and shared values make us stronger. We are agile, caring, cooperative, trustworthy and courageous. Together, we go further.
We are Partners, Unlimited
GEFCO is currently looking for a:
Procurement Officer (M/F)
Based in Braine L´Alleud (Belgium)
- Guarantee the procurement of transport services, rental trailers and any other additional services at the best possible conditions.
- Manage all the indirect spend (non transport related) and related follow up activity
- Anchor the GEFCO Group's purchasing culture in his area.
- Establish tools and processes for the efficient management of the transport and services in accordance with the GEFCO Group's specifications.
- Follow the Group procedure while performing the activity
- Usage of Gefco Software for the Management of Carriers
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of purchasing strategy in accordance with Procurement Director & GEFCO Group guidelines
- Introduction and development of practices, procedures and tools of the purchasing department
- Development and evaluation of KPIs for the department
- Management, updating and use of tools such as the CMS - Carrier Management System
- Identify and discuss with the Procurement Director the contracts that need to be re-negotiated (Transport or Indirect Spend)
- Identify all the carriers for which a Contract/SLA should be implemented and launch the process
- Prioritize savings activities
- Propose Area(s) of interventions/optimization to the Procurement Director
- Collaborate with the operations and other departments to identify areas of improvements (Savings and Operational)
- Lead with the assistance of the Procurement Director RFQs
- Lead small saving projects within the different departments
- Support the Procurement Director and the Plant Managers to create a cost-saving mindset
- The Purchasing officer will work under the supervision of and report directly to the Procurement Director of Benelux
- Able to perform supplier visits and suppliers Audit activities
- Able to travel
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a transport company, as a planner or as part of the chartering office in a logistic company
- Good knowledge of the Transport Market and specifically with carriers specialized in FTL, LTL activity
- Good experience regarding purchasing and financial figures
- Self-driven person & Able to work in team
- Good communication skills
- French Mother tongue. Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience to work with Software Database and willingness to improve them
- Able to deal with administrative tasks
This it’s your great opportunity to join the GEFCO family.
"In line with GEFCO's commitment to inclusion and diversity, this position is open to all".