Kuehne+Nagel Luxembourg | 10.03.2023 | Limburg
Logistics engineer – Benelux
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for a Logistics Engineer in the Contract Logistics division. Are you ready for your 2nd or 3rd step in your career and would you like to work for a great company with many challenges and opportunities to develop yourself? Then you have come to the right place at Kuehne+Nagel!
As a Logistics Engineer you are responsible for Supply Chain Design, Strategic Procurement and Carrier Management for new and existing customers. You are ambitious, results-driven and highly innovative and enterpreneurial. Transport Logistics experience is a must!
Location to pick as office; Utrecht/Veghel/Tiel/Tessenderlo/Geel, and it is a full-time job.
- Translate Supply Chain requirements of the internal (Business Unit/Operations) and external (KN's Customers) customers into a perfect and efficient transportation solution;
- Collect and analyze the correct logistics data, by means of questionnaire interviews, analysis of data dumps from logistics systems, observations and spot checks on the shop floor;
- Gather and analyze external transport market data;
- Perform carrier sourcing activities and tenders, including but not limited to e-actions, reverse auctions, supplier summits, etc;
- Together with BU, Legal and Operations draft contract agreements, SOPs and SLAs;
- Elaborate presentations and bids; create clear and concise presentations for management based on formulating scenarios so that the feasibility of various options can be properly highlighted;
- Analyzing existing operational processes and looking for opportunities to optimize;
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships of incumbent and potential carriers, through KPI, MBRs; QBRs etc.
- A completed HBO level/university level degree;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar position as a Logistics Engineer/ Transport Procurement Function in the logistics industry,
- Experience with calculation programs and handling large data files;
- Analytically strong; able to analyze complex logistics or transport issues and identify underlying cost drivers;
- Ideally knowledge of TMS, FA&P systems, Tender platforms (e.g. Ariba, TI Contract);
- Commercially minded and have high communication skills/persuasiveness;
- Good at planning and organizing, motivating others;
- Stress resistant Self-Starter, able to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time;
- Good verbal and written knowledge of English. Another EU language is a plus, especially Dutch/German/French
Reasons to join
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic working environment in which development and progress are important. You will join an ambitious and energetic team. We work in a flexible working schedule whereas your private life- work balance is optimal, including the possibility to work via home office days. In this position, you are also entitled to use a company car and receive a bonus. You can either be hired via a Belgian local contract or a Dutch local contract. For Belgium: You start with a contract of indefinite duration, supplemented with meal vouchers, hospitalization and group insurance. For Netherlands: You will start with an annual contract, and if everyone is satisfied, resulting in a permanent employment afterwards. In addition to an excellent salary, we also offer a good pension scheme.
You will have 24 vacation days and 3.5 atv days and you have the option to buy additional days. We also offer a group discount on your health insurance with CZ. Kuehne + Nagel is a good and reliable company, therefor a VOG is requested at the start.
With more than 78.000 employees at 1.400 locations in more than 100 countries the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics service providers.
Check the jobs of Kuehne+Nagel below and apply online.Discover other career opportunities at Kuehne+Nagel