The Information System Team Leader has extensive knowledge of one or more logistics / supply chain management systems and designs the applications in order to meet the wishes/demands of the operational teams. In addition, he/she organizes operational information systems support.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for coaching and supervising a team of 5 super users.
- Ensuring an optimal functionality and use of operational contract logistics information systems (WMS, TMS, Pick-by-voice, Automation, EDI, Reporting and others)
- Release management of operational applications, defining test procedures (test cases, test documentation), testing of bug fixes, releases, sub releases and FRS
- Migration of existing applications into new applications and the implementation of new customers.
- Training of users and key users in operational CL IS; training new functionalities, providing explanations in the use of systems, preparation and maintenance of training materials.
- Analyzing and optimization of work and process flows.
- Analyze functional wishes/requirements and definition of FRS.
- Supporting local super users with the description of processes, procedures and with the introduction of these procedures.
- Assisting with tender analysis and the answering of tender documents, analyzing requested IS functionality and describing the solutions that can be offered.
- Managing projects initiated by CL management and special projects in Belgium or other KN sites.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master in informatics or economics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a (large) logistics environment.
- You have a keen interest in processes and project management.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and experience with logistics information systems (WMS, TMS and automisationsystems)
- You are a strong communicator with experience in tackling problems, leading projects and delivering strong presentations.
- You can motivate and develop a team to achieve the team goals. Actual experience in leading people is an asset.
- You have an analytical mindset and are not afraid of diving into a set of data out of which you need to draw information.
- You are willing to (limited) travel to other KN branches.
Good reasons to join
We offer a position within a fast developing Contract Logistics environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Please send your application in English via our website KN Careers.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com