District Sales Manager | Brussels | req49197
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate District Sales Manager to join our Sales & Marketing department.
With this position, you will have strategic and commercial responsibility for developing Airfreight Business for Kuehne-Nagel Belux. The Sales Manager is responsible for winning new accounts within the assigned branch office territory (could be Wallonia region, Antwerp or Brussels). The position is also responsible for maximizing sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, customer support strategies and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
- Act as the point of contact for KN solutions and service sales across all Airfreight, Seafreight & Overland business fields within the assigned territory and customer base, with a specific focus on Airfreight sales activities. Liaising with National Sales & Air-, Sea and overland business unit specialists where necessary.
- Identification, win and obtain new customers through sales "hunting" activity, in line with Kuehne + Nagel Business Unit Set up and network and within the assigned branch office territory and portfolio.ž
- Develop and maintain existing customer portfolio
- Drive RFQ / Tender responses for an assigned customer, liaising closely with the Business Development Group, Business Unit Pricing Teams and Regional/National account team counterparts.
- Meet or exceed Sales Performance targets and Salesperson activity targets
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing Kn systems daily (KN Login, Corelog)
- Conduct mutually agreed periodic business reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and KN Operations to assure expectations are satisfied
- Introduce and sell Kuehne + Nagel IT solutions to customers. Analysis of the customer's requirements and identify solutions and create value propositions.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or similar level of education in the transport business3 - 5 years' experience in a similar position as field sales in freight forwarding or 3 years of operational experience in freight forwarding
- Good knowledge and understanding of Airfreight business and network solutions
- Experience with logistics processes, systems, and solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills, effective presentation and customer relations skills, excellent listening skills
- Organizational, administrative and strong communication skills, both oral & written.
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail, able to work on own initiative and within a team
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results, able to set priorities and to keep an overview.
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills, both commercial as well as diplomatic and team-oriented.
- Excellent computer literate (MS Office)
- Able to travel occasionally, Driver's License
- Language skills: English mandatory; Dutch/French excellent speaking and writing.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a solid position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary/package and where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts. We are committed to deliver high quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry. Join our Sales Team and provide successful impulses within the Kuehne + Nagel organization.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.