District Sales Manager Seafreight | Antwerp | req51857
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Sales Manager Seafreight for the Sales & Marketing department in Antwerp. With this position, you will have strategic and commercial responsibility for developing Seafreight Business for Kuehne-Nagel Belux.
The Sales Manager is responsible for winning new accounts within the assigned branch office territory. The position is also responsible for maximizing sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, customer support strategies and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
- Act as the point of contact for KN solutions and service sales across all Seafreight, Airfreight & Overland business fields within the assigned territory and customer base, with the specific focus on Seafreight sales activities. Liaising with National Sales & Sea-, Air and overland business unit specialists where necessary.
- Identification, win and obtain new customers through sales "hunting" activity, in line with Kuehne + Nagel Business Unit Setup and network and within the assigned branch office territory and portfolio.
- Develop and maintain existing customer portfolio
- Drive RFQ / Tender responses for the assigned customer, liaising closely with the Business Development Group, Busines Unit Pricing Teams and Regional/National account team counterparts.
- Meet or exceed Sales Performance targets and Salesperson activity targets.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing Kn systems daily (KN Login, Corelog).
- Conduct mutually agreed periodic business reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and KN Operations to assure expectations are satisfied.
- Introduce and sell Kuehne + Nagel IT solutions to customers. Analysis of the customer's requirements and identify solutions and create value propositions.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or similar level of education in transport business.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar position as field sales in freight forwarding or 3 years of operational experience in same.
- Good knowledge and understanding Seafreight business and network solutions.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems, and solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation and customer relations skills, excellent listening skills.
- Organizational, administrative and strong communication skills, both oral & written.
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail, able to work on own initiative and within a team
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results; Able to set priorities and to keep an overview.
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills, both commercial as well as diplomatic and team-oriented.
- Excellent computer literate (MS Office).
- Able to travel occasionally, driver's License.
- Language skills: English mandatory; Dutch/French excellent speaking and writing; German language is a plus
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a solid position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary/package and where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts. We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry. Join our Sales Team and provide successful impulses within the Kuehne + Nagel organization.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.