Facility Project Manager
Kuehne + Nagel Belux is looking for an experienced Facility Project Manager to deliver our current building and facility extension projects across Belux and to set up a new warehouse location and offices, all with the aim to support our ambitious growth targets for 2022.
Facility Project Manager will be collaborating closely with engineering office and sub-contractors on facility or construction projects (e.g. pharma/temp controlled zones, automatic conveyors, DG zones, energy saving installations, etc.)
If you are a dynamic and experienced professional with pragmatic approach and good understanding of building management and/or construction projects then you might be just the one we are looking for!
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Managing client integration & construction, renovation or refurbishment projects
- Developing project scope, solution, budget and timeline
- Coordinating the activities of engineers based on the requirements
- Supporting the bid/award activities
- Plan & coordination of the construction phase
- Ensuring that the end product is meeting the requirements, budget & timeline
- Reviewing and approving payments to contractors and material/equipment vendors
- Ensuring that all projects comply with local building codes, safety codes and other regulatory requirements
- Hand-over of project in BAU location
- Communication & reporting to the Management
Your skills and experience
- Strong skill-set in project management and multiple experiences in engineering, building or facility projects
- Knowledge and good network in construction management processes, means and methods (needed for implementation of our standards in a logistics or production environment)
- Experience in collaboration with different stakeholders e.g. management, staff, engineering offices
- Good understanding of finance, budgeting and cost management in addition to strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Understanding of Environmental legal standards
- Understanding of fire and dangerous goods standards in (logistic) storage
- Understanding of pharma storage (GxP standard)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, MS projects, …
- Proficiency with project and facility management tools e.g. CAFM, critical path scheduling
- Self-directed, pragmatic approach, ability to work autonomously and to take ownership of the project
- Ability to plan and see the "overall picture" in projects and anticipate on deviations.
- Strong soft skills and ability to lead a wide range of people effectively and efficiently
- Good communication skills: able to write and speak confidently, concisely, and clearly in both Dutch and English
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Problem solving skills and attentiveness to detail
- Competence in conflict and crisis management
- 5 plus years of relevant construction management & project management experience, preferably in a logistic/ warehousing environment will be considered as a plus
Good reasons to join
We offer a solid position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary/package and where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts. We are committed to delivering high-quality solutions to our customers and are proud to be a strong leader in the logistics industry. Join our Sales Team and provide successful impulses within the Kuehne + Nagel organization.
Please apply directly online.
In case of any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact:
Dusanka Barisic, Recruitment Specialist
+32 470 33 37 62
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com