Operations Manager | Eindhout | req55369
Due to the newest business wins, we are looking to expand our Contract Logistics team in Eindhout with an experienced Operations Manager. Are you interested in learning more about this opportunity? Then keep on reading!
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Contract Logistics Business Unit. You will be responsible for delivering an excellent warehouse performance in all the warehouse activities assigned to you. You will focus on supervising the day-to-day warehouse activities and on strengthening all the logistic processes part of and linked to the warehouse activities. The day-to-day warehouse activities consist of reception, inbound, outbound, packaging, storage, value added services and much more. Strengthening logistics processes includes taking part or leading implementation of new business, improving existing business, continuous improvement projects and much more.
- Overall supervision, coordination and final responsibility for the day-to-day operations assigned to you. You will take this responsibility in strong collaboration with your team leaders and other staff in a way that your team achieves the internal and external KPI's. (QCDISME) This includes full responsibility in the planning of orders and in the staff which need to be scheduled and furthermore responsibility in escalation of problem solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear. In doing so you take full responsibility in maintaining and improving the relation with your customers.
- Manage diverse projects within the warehouse environment. You will take the lead in defining, planning, preparing, implementing and follow-up of projects such as operational implementation of new customers, integration of new activities for current customers, integration of new ways of working and so forth.
- Maintaining and strengthen the existing continuous improvement culture by actively stimulating and supporting our Kuehne+Nagel Production System (KNPS). You will be the ambassador for KNPS in your team and you will lead several KNPS - projects yourself to increase performance and quality and decrease costs.
- Building and maintaining your team and stimulating development of the individual employees in your team. You take on the final responsibility for the people management in your area included: staff communication, organize team meetings, team building activities, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general, training, coaching and more.
- Brickwall the execution and follow-up of our quality, health, safety and security policy (QSHE) including: safety meetings, safety walks, security audits, follow-up of data quality in different databases and more.
- Develop and implement the tactical and operational plan for your warehouse area to support the realization of the strategical plan of the whole organization. Contribute in the development of that strategical plan during planning phase.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- You have a master degree in international forwarding and logistics or equal level by experience complemented with at least 3 years of successful management in role similar to the vacant role.
- You have a solid knowledge both of warehouse and logistic processes and of the concepts of lean management and continuous improvement.
- You discovered a strong leadership within yourself to take responsibility for results and to lead a team. It goes without saying that this leadership emergence in well-oiled communication skills which you use in dialogue with colleagues, customers, union representatives.
- You have solid (personal) time management skills. You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances.
- You have a self-motivating and result-motivated personality.
- Software knowledge and usage : advanced MS Excel and advanced experience in using warehouse management systems as manager.
- Language skills: English, Dutch- fluent speaking and writing, French is an asset.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a position within a fast developing Contract Logistics environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.