Supervisor Distribution | Mechelen | req52010
We are looking for Supervisor Distribution to join our Drinks Logistics site in Mechelen. Interested to know more? Then keep on reading!
The Supervisor Distribution supervises and coordinates a team (administrative staff and 40 drivers/co-drivers) providing a first class distributing service according to contractual agreements with the customer AMAS (secondary distribution to pubs, hotels, restaurants, institutions, smaller beer wholesalers and events). As Supervisor Distribution, you will be a member of the Management team Drink Logistics, co-responsible for the development and administration of the site and you report directly to the Branch Manager Drink Logistics. The design and implementation of lean projects is also a very important part of the function.
- Organize and coordinate all operational activities of the day-to-day distribution operations
- Ensure workload and tasks are well organized and deadlines are met
- Supervise the workload of the team, allocating the team members to optimise service during working hours
- Implement effective staff organization and actively promote, lead, coach and develop team members using the resources of the company HR framework
- Ensure standard processes ares in place and continuously improved
- Work closely with the customer to enlarge relationship/customer binding and handle customer requests
- Monitor the service level agreement, identify areas for improvement and propose recommendations for service improvement and implement those improvement to the satisfaction of the customer
- Acting as centralized and proactive interface between customer, and other operational departments (administration / warehouse) within the Kuehne+ Nagel organization
- Actively look for process improvements based on statistics and analyses both beneficial for the customer as for KN.
- Carrier and partner management including ensuring service levels and rate negotiations
- Provide and report daily, monthly KPI's (to branch manager and customer)
- Translate the Business Strategy to the implementation of KNPS (Kuehne + Nagel Production System) tools and techniques (KN program towards continuous improvement).
- Departemental P/L Responsibility and responsibility regarding costs:
- Daily transport optimization based on statistics and analyses as an integral part of your function.
- Financial analyses for business reviews
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Formal bachelor education in Transport and/or Logistics or equivalent combination of education and experience and and at least 2-4 years experiences in the Road Transport
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to set priorities for yourself and your team members
- Ability to motivate and lead people also under pressure
- Target / result oriented and willing to assume responsibility
- Innovative thinking and approach of permanent process optimization
- Highly customer service focused and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Knowledge in IT systems (e.g. Excel) & transport technologies
- Ability to compile and analyse statistical information
- Structured and analytical way of working, and project management skills
- Very good communication skills in Dutch and English; French would be a plus
- Reliable and flexible where needed
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a position within a fast developing Contract Logistics environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.