The Systems + Processes Manager Seafreight contributes to the implementation and maintenance of Seafreight Applications including fact finding, process analysis, continuous improvement, tests & executes solutions and oversees the daily support.
The System & Process manager can act as the Project Manager for organizational and operational process improvements/changes within the BeLux seafreight teams.
A Systems & Process Specialist is part of the Seafreight Systems & Processes Team and he / she reports to the Systems & Processes Manager. A back-up is organized within the Systems & Processes Department.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Solutions design: Identify gaps and suggests ideas to optimize the current process, thus facilitating the work of the Business Field seafreight.
- Fact-finding: Provides onsite Reviews, finds solutions to improve efficiency, submission of proposals to improve seafreight processes and applications to regional application management
- Project management: Project manager for multiple projects managed by the department affecting the national (seafreight) organization (e.g. nearshoring activities to a Shared Service Centre, new processes, software implementation)
- Setup, training and further rollout of Sealog. Perform Seafreight induction training import/export, presently also in CIEL environment.
- Ensuring the availability of the functionalities which enable the optimal use of the operating system within the operational process. This includes maintaining setups (eg Documents, Exchange Rates, VAT rules) and local master data.
- Transfer knowledge during the implementation of new Sealog/CIEL functions.
- Advisory role towards senior management (e.g. staffing, change, restructuring, and risk management).
- Actively maintaining an up-to-date awareness of operational processes and translating these into functional requirements related to the software.
- Manage process improvement projects on a national Seafreight level in close collaboration with the department manager.
- Oversees systems support in support of the regional Sea Support team.
- Collecting, checking and entering data for reports used internal and external.
- Create reports and checklists in the most efficient form and version.
- Work in accordance with KN BE QSHE rules and procedures.
- Work in accordance with existing SOPs and WIs.
- Work in accordance with KN Compass and KN Code of Conduct.
Your skills and experience
Level of reflection and action:
- Master’s degree or equal by experience.
- This position is open to starters.
Functional competencies and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience in seafreight.
- Advanced knowledge of the KN seafreight forwarding applications. This can be trained.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology.
- Advanced knowledge ACON
- Excellent knowledge CIEL / SEALOG
- Excellent knowledge MS Office: Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Advanced knowledge of QT, KNrates, Biz Objects and KNlogin.
- Advanced knowledge Dutch: speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge English: speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge French: speaking and writing
Good reasons to join
We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne+Nagel Group.
You can apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com