A warehouse Supervisor - Pharma & Healthcare - is responsible for optimizing and processing the goods on time for Import, Exports with a special focus on other special products such as Pharmaceutical goods & Healthcare products. The supervisor will coordinate the warehouse activities. He/she will organize and coordinate all the administration that comes with the day to day activities of the warehouse and the special products.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Optimize the flow of goods by coordinating the warehouse team as efficient as possible.
- Daily supervision of a team of warehouse employees. This includes but is not limited to the evaluation, development and possibly corrective actions.
- Prepare the loading and unloading of trucks. Restack or rebuild pallets (also Airfreight pallets), repack and label goods.
- Check incoming and outgoing goods on quantity and quality.
- Signify, escalate and resolve damages, ambiguities and problems.
- Acts as a first contact to employees in case of questions or problems with shipping, equipment, etc.
- Act as SPOC for import and export teams.
- When and where needed, the supervisor will work with the warehouse employees and warehouse experts.
- Works together with the operations manager to implement new clients and define new SOP's / WI's.
- May be asked to lead a special project or take control of special projects (e.g. Lead a workgroup / team in perishables, pharmaceutical goods, etc. )
- Process the administration that comes with the workflow, correct and on time.
- Performs regular check in the time and attendance software and correct where needed.
- Cooperate with other parties to define new SOP's and WI's.
- Update existing SOP's and WI's when necessary.
- Divide work assignments, give work instructions and take care of the quality control to ensure a good flow.
- Balance the workload within the team.
- Give input to the Operations Manager for the plannification concerning workload and staff.
- Supervise the abidance of company regulations and procedures.
- Work conform the KN QSHE and Compliance guidelines and procedures.
- Perform daily checks on safety and quality. Anticipate when needed.
- Take care of the communication within the warehouse and other departments of Air Freight.
- Organize trainings for the maintenance of machines and general warehouse safety.
- Coordinate periodical reports concerning; activities, clients, volumes, staff, costs and quality.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Advanced analytical thinking
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, …)
- Languages: Very good verbal and written knowledge of English, Dutch and French is required. Any other language is an asset Advanced warehousing skills and handling goods
- Advanced knowledge of Air Freight regulations
- Advanced knowledge Air & Sea forwarding processes
- Advanced knowledge of ADR and DGR
Good reasons to join
We offer a position within a fast developing Contract Logistics environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Please apply directly online or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req37675