Kuehne+Nagel | 22.01.2021 | Antwerp
Customs Officer | Belgium | req68738
We are offering a Customs Officer function within our Customs Team in our Sea Logistics site located in Antwerp.
As Customs Officer you service our Import and Export Forwarding Teams by ensuring all customs requirements for their orders are met correct and in time. This includes correct handling all customs documents and formalities for import, transit and export goods, ensuring all legal and customer requirements are met concerning clearing of goods, advising our forwarders on customs matters and building and maintaining a professional relation with the customs offices.
- The correct and in time follow-up of declarations, import as well as export.
- Accurate and timely preparation and follow-up of corrections.
- Identify ambiguities and errors together with the forwarders of the Import -and export departments, whether or not in consultation with the Manager.
- Optimize the operational and administrative processes for more efficiency within your department.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, internal and external contacts.
- Complete operational KN and NON KN Sea Logistics files with information about declarations and billing where applicable.
- Correct compliance of Belgian custom legislation and custom tariffs.
- Improve and secure data quality in all operational and reporting systems and files.
- Support the compliance of rules and procedures within the team.
- Work conform the KN QSHE and Compliance guidelines and procedures.
- Work conform the existing and applicable SOP's and WI's and support creation of new ones.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor degree or equal by experience;
- Very good knowledge of the customs declarations process and Incoterms;
- Advanced knowledge MS Office: Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,…
- Advanced knowledge Dutch : speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge English : speaking and writing
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a position in a strong international environment with a competitive salary and development opportunities within the Kuehne+Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
+32 470 45 70 16
With more than 78.000 employees at 1.400 locations in more than 100 countries the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics service providers.
Check the jobs of Kuehne+Nagel below and apply online.Discover other career opportunities at Kuehne+Nagel