Kuehne+Nagel | 17.09.2021 | Flemish Brabant
Customs Officer | Belgium | req79940
We are offering a Customs Officer function within our Customs Team within our Road Logistics site located in Kampenhout, Belgium.
As Customs Officer you service our various logistics customers by ensuring all the customs requirements for their orders are met correct and in time. This includes correct handling of all customs documents and formalities for import, transit, and export.
- Delivering correct and on time customs documentation and formalities for import, transit, and export, while following strict customs compliance and working instructions.
- Optimizing the operational and administrative processes for more efficiency within your department.
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship with your customers (both internal and external ones)
- Improve and secure data quality in all operational and reporting systems and files.
- Developing yourself and colleagues to be up to date on all relevant customs legislation.
- Closely and successfully collaborating with customs controls, assisting warehouse staff, visiting customs as well as the colleagues in the shared service center that will support you with the pre-clearance of most of the shipments.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's degree in international forwarding and logistics or equal level by experience.
- 2 years of experience as a customs officer in an internal or external customs team.
- Very good knowledge of the customs declarations process and Incoterms.
- Experience with customs software such as PLDA and NCTS are necessary. Experience with EMCS & Customs Streamliner are an asset.
- MS Office: advanced knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Language skills: Dutch, English - profound knowledge, French- would be considered an asset.
- You have good organizing skills, you can work accurately and are willing to work flexible hours.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a challenging position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
+32 470 45 70 16
With more than 78.000 employees at 1.400 locations in more than 100 countries the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics service providers.
Check the jobs of Kuehne+Nagel below and apply online.Discover other career opportunities at Kuehne+Nagel