Lineas NV | 21.06.2021 | Brussels
Are you our new Pre-Ops Planner?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
What are your duties?
- Drawing up the logistics planning of goods trains in cooperation with infrastructure managers and other railway companies
- Ordering (or cancelling) means and resources needed for a train to run (locomotive, driver, station staff, etc) in consultation with the (internal) customer, taking due account of the deadlines in force
- Daily monitoring of the logistics planning
- Informing the services and customers involved about changes in the planning
- Representing the department internally and externally
- Cooperating closely with stations, sales and marketing departments and customer service, and taking an active part in optimization projects
- Giving feedback to team members and the person in charge for involving the team in the activities
- Anticipating possible quality risks, such as incidents and accidents
What is your profile?
- You have preferably a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent through experience)
- You are Dutch- or French-speaking, with a good knowledge of the second national language.
- You speak fluent English; a knowledge of German would be a plus
- A sense of initiative and working proactively are among your main assets
- You are well organized and known how to deal with every situation
- Your situational and analytical judgement are well developed
- You like to communicate and do so easily and always find common ground with the other parties involved
- You always work very meticulously and conscientiously
- You anticipate the customer’s questions and take the right decisions/set the right priorities in that respect. You have absolutely no qualms about working under pressure.
- You always proceed cost-consciously and have a great sense of safety and responsibility.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
The company has 1,900 passionate employees that provide reliable management in transport of goods by optimizing operations and streamlining its organization.
Lineas is continuously looking for employees for its services.
Check the job offers and apply online. Create a profile.Discover other career opportunities at Lineas NV