Lineas NV | 18.10.2021 | Brussels
Real-Time Planner - Class 5
Do you like planning and logistics? Do you keep a cool head during stressful situations? Do you see every problem as a new challenge?
Then maybe you are our new Real-Time Planner!
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
Getting goods trains running on rails is a sum of all sorts of variables: available locomotives, train drivers on duty, free rails, etc. All these things can be planned perfectly beforehand – and that is precisely what we do… But external factors or last-minute changes nearly always thwart this planning. We then need someone who can think fast but also act fast – someone who can take resolute and correct decisions so that we can deliver on our promises to our customers – and that is also what we do.
What are your duties?
- Composing trains – You build on the work of your colleagues who prepare the planning for the long and medium-term. You determine whether the trains they have composed can be run as planned and make such adjustments if necessary.
- Adjusting in real-time – You get all the information on our trains and the travel route on your computer screens. The telephone rings next to you to apprise you of unforeseeable changes. Your colleague is waiting behind you to inform the customer about the action you are going to take. And you gauge the situation calmly, look into alternatives and options, and take the right decisions.
- Learning very fast on the job – Planning a train is a complex and unique task, that you can only learn on the job, which you can do with the help of experienced colleagues. But gradually you also learn a great deal about the rail network and on the possibilities of our trains, which gives you all sorts of career opportunities in the company.
Because our trains run at all times of day (and night), you work in a 3 x 8 shift system.
What is your profile?
- You are a fast, solution-oriented thinker. You have no time to waste or to whine about problems because everyone is looking at you for a solution. And that is precisely the moment when your creative mind makes the difference.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Team spirit is crucial: without your colleagues and your partners, you cannot start anything in this role. Such colleagues may be seated next to you at the table, but may also be the head of some small goods station somewhere halfway between Cologne and Hamburg.
- You like to take up responsibility and are not afraid of taking initiative.
- You are communicative, speak fluent Dutch, French and English, and have a good knowledge of German or are prepared to learn.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast-growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
The company has 1,900 passionate employees that provide reliable management in transport of goods by optimizing operations and streamlining its organization.
Lineas is continuously looking for employees for its services.
Check the job offers and apply online. Create a profile.Discover other career opportunities at Lineas NV