Lineas NV | 22.09.2021 | Brussels
Technical Inspector (Wagons)
Are you our new Technical Inspector (Wagons)?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As a Technical Inspector you are responsible for the end-to-end technical follow-up of maintenance activities executed in workshops on wagons owned or leased by Lineas. Your focus will be on safeguarding the wagon fleet safety & optimizing the fleet reliability and maintenance cost, while ensuring compliance with legal requirements, regulations and internal guidelines.
What are your duties?
To ensure adequate technical follow-up of maintenance activities, you will:
- Act as technical point of contact for internal and external parties (workshops, stations, customers)
- Define and optimize maintenance standards and work scopes for maintenance activities;
- Ensure clear communication with respect to all technical aspects of the Lineas wagon fleet;
- Review workshop maintenance proposals for compliance with standards, defined scope and cost agreements;
- Offer solutions to the workshops for problems that arise during the maintenance of the wagons;
- Perform quality and technical inspections in workshops and in stations;
- Assist in workshop audits with focus on safety and technical quality;
As a technical expert in the field of wagon maintenance, the you will lead and/or participate in various safety, reliability and cost improvement initiatives. To this end, you will:
- Investigate incidents, accidents and damages to wagons
- Identify repeated failures in order to define solutions to improve the operational reliability;
- Participate in Return of Experience meetings with suppliers, third party ECM/keepers and customers;
- Optimize and standardize maintenance procedures and processes
What is your profile?
- You have experience with technical inspections of assets, preferably as a (Senior) Ground Operator for wagons, or equivalent;
- You have affinity with safety-related regulations and guidelines;
- You are not afraid to get your hands (and pants) dirty, as you will perform regular workshop visits;
- You are proactive and communicative;
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
The company has 1,900 passionate employees that provide reliable management in transport of goods by optimizing operations and streamlining its organization.
Lineas is continuously looking for employees for its services.
Check the job offers and apply online. Create a profile.Discover other career opportunities at Lineas NV