We offer you an exciting job opportunity in a global logistics company where our work environment is characterized by high pace, high performance and a great opportunity for personal development.
In this role you will be responsible for the main activities in the area of Value Added Service operations delivery, ensuring data integrity, supporting process efficiency and compliance and cooperation related to AEO and customer requirements. Additionally, the Declarant is part of the larger CSO team and flexibility to help out in other departments, when specifically agreed upfront, is a pre-requisite.
Firstly, we offer you a unique opportunity to join Maersk - an established company within international shipping & logistics, you will be an essential part of the company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
You will be working in a truly international environment and corporate closely with colleagues throughout the world, you will have a chance to create valuable relationships with our customers and work with colleagues in a large variety of functions and roles enabling you to build a great network within Maersk.
Maersk offers a thrilling and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment - it is up to you to you use this opportunity for your professional and personal development and to build a career within a stimulating environment with a lot of future international career opportunities across a world class organization.
- Drive The Value Added Service (VAS) Customs House Brokerage (CHB) delivery targets for the customers and planning all operational activities for customers.
- Audit & file (scan) documentation for VAS related activities - Take care of customs clearance import, export or transit with calculating correct customs values
- Support the Custom House Brokerage Supervisor in daily operation
- Customize the product as per the needs of clients and foster the culture of customer satisfaction including supporting customer query resolution and exception handling
- Maintain a good and professional relationship with Customs Authorities
- Quality check (customs clearance) instruction according to customer SOP and in line with customs legislation
- Identify the areas of improvement & implementation of process improvement initiative.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate is a driven fast learner, with a positive attitude who shows initiative and take ownership over complex cases, enjoy challenges. You have excellent communication skills and genuinely appreciate the interaction with other people.
The perfect candidate has experience in Customs House Brokerage and knowledge about Logistics Services. We will appreciate you having:
- Customs House Brokerage certifications
- Extensive knowledge of customs regulations
- Knowledge of Fiscal Representation and VAT legislation is required
- Working knowledge of relevant systems.
You are able to take on multiple tasks with a sense of urgency and strive to deliver excellence in the details. We value the ability to identify improvement areas, take actions and implement appropriate solutions.
We expect that you are a strong team player able to prioritize workload in order to meet all required deadlines, while also able to work independently. We would appreciate an proactive approach , good process organization and focus on results towards customers.
Knowledge of Dutch and English language is required. French and German is a plus.
A long-term successful career can be achieved when what you’re passionate about, what you’re good at and what’s needed by our business all come together. Be part of an exciting team. It’s time to leave your mark on our world. How? By using the apply button to register your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
For more information: https://www.maersk.com
All the way.