Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Supply Chain experts ensure that every year 900 million pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time. That’s no easy task. The complex process involves more than 50 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain professionals from Laakdal, Belgium, to São Paulo, Brasil, make it happen. They constantly push for ways to make Nike’s supply chain faster, more efficient and more responsive to Nike’s always-changing consumer needs.
Nike is looking for a Logistics Program Manager-Capability Development. In this role you work in partnership with internal and external groups to develop and implement Supply Chain program solutions that improve the Consumer experience, speed to market, reliability and efficiency. You are responsible to define and deliver the SC capabilities within the European Logistics Campus (Laakdal, Belgium) in support of Nike’s growth
- Vision and Strategy: Develops vision, strategy and deliverables of (a) large international Program(s).
- Program/Project Management: In line with Nike standard methodology, develops program objectives and scope. Proactively manages dependencies/constraints. Facilitates key decisions with local and global stakeholders. Chairs program steering committee meetings. Manages regional programs on cost, schedule and performance with a duration of 3 years or less, a budget of up to $5m. Ensures vendor contracts, relationships, performance,and communications are well managed.
- Influence and Communicate: Reads the organization and understands, interprets, investigates different perspectives. Drives cross functional alignment to ensure the most effective solutions. Presents ideas and solutions in easy-to-understand manner to influence decisions and people in various levels within a matrix structure. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Account Management: Serves as first point of contact for supply chain developments. Works with business experts to understand business requirements and translates into logistics capabilities.
- Business Expertise/Delivering Solutions: Anticipates and interprets business challenges and recommends innovative process or service solutions.
- Transition Management (TM): In support of change management, drives TM principles and methodology through timely availability of tools, training, and communication plans/materials.
- People Management: Provides people leadership. Leads cross-functional teams and mentors staff. Builds relationships, empowers, and motivates teams. Participates in employee goal setting, coaching, hiring, performance monitoring, recognition and rewards.
- University degree and at least 5 years program/project management with progressive responsibility in a multinational (European) environment. Logistics/operations a plus.
- Basic understanding of sports retail business.
- Commercially and customer oriented. Able to think from the consumer point of view. Eager and energized in driving process design for E2E capabilities beyond the scope of logistics.
- Robust analytical skills (process/data). Understanding of new industry technologies and services, such that you know how these can be leveraged to gain efficiencies and improve processes.
- Flexibility/high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to transform unclarity into tangible proposals in a fast changing environment.
- A proven record of accomplishment (quality, time, budget) on regionally-based projects.
- Ability to work autonomously: self-assured and taking personal responsibility, consistent with Nike’s values.
- Ability to understand and drive simplicity in a complex landscape of processes and systems
- Strong in managing cross functional teams with multiple indirect reports. Some experience managing direct reports.
- The ability to travel to Nike’s EMEA HQ in Hilversum, Netherlands on a weekly basis. Occasional travel to Nike’s World HQ in Beaverton, Oregon, USA.
- Skilled in MS Office applications and system experience, e.g. ERP, WMS.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.