Square City | 04.01.2021 | Antwerp
Operations Manager Warehouse
Square City werkt als trusted advisor voor profielen in de logistiek en supply chain. Wij bieden expertise, dialoog en continuïteit om als logistieke selectiepartner de juiste match te vinden voor onze klanten en kandidaten. Door ons uitgebreid netwerk van professionals en de persoonlijke benadering van onze consultants mag je rekenen op een kwalitatieve, duurzame en transparante samenwerking.
We are looking for an Operations Manager Warehouse. Our client is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Are you the new colleague they are looking for?
- Overall supervision, coordination, and final responsibility for the day-to-day operations assigned to you. You will take this responsibility in strong collaboration with your team leaders and other staff in a way that your team achieves the internal and external KPIs. (SQCDP) This includes full responsibility in the planning of orders and the staff which needs to be scheduled and responsibility in an escalation of problem-solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear.
- In doing so you take full responsibility for maintaining and improving the relationship with your customers.
- Manage diverse projects within the warehouse environment. You will take the lead in defining, planning, preparing, implementing, and follow-up of projects such as the operational implementation of new customers, integration of new activities for current customers, integration of new ways of working, and so forth.
- Maintaining and strengthen the existing continuous improvement culture.
- Building and maintaining your team and stimulating the development of the individual employees in your team. You take on the final responsibility for the people management in your area included: staff communication, organize team meetings, team building activities, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general, training, coaching, and more.
- Brickwall the execution and follow-up of our quality, health, safety, and security policy (QSHE) including safety meetings, safety walks, security audits, follow-up of data quality in different databases, and more.
- You have a master's degree in international forwarding and logistics or equal level by experience complemented with at least 3 years of successful management in a role similar to the vacant role.
- You have a solid knowledge both of warehouse and logistic processes and the concepts of lean management and continuous improvement.
- You discovered a strong leadership within yourself to take responsibility for results and to lead a team. It goes without saying that this leadership emergence in well-oiled communication skills which you use in dialogue with colleagues, customers, union representatives.
- You have solid (personal) time management skills. You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances.
- You have a self-motivating and result-motivated personality.
- Software knowledge and usage: advanced MS Excel and advanced experience in using warehouse management systems as manager.
- Language skills: English, Dutch- fluent speaking and writing,
What our client offers:
- You will recieve a fixed contract with a good salary and benefits.
- You will work at an innovative company.
- They offer lots of internal courses and opportunities to grow.
Welcome to Square City! As a professional, you have the right to turn to a competent recruitment partner. We get to know each other thoroughly and take the time to do so voluntarily. With the aim of achieving results, we go through all the paths that can guide you on your way. There is also a talent consultant in your sector who will be happy to get to know you.
Supply chain expertise
Your experience is valuable, you are looking for a partner who understands you and above all knows your sector in depth. You want total confidentiality and do not want your application to be used without your knowledge. You want an intensive collaboration where time is taken for feedback sessions, with clear communication about the status of your application.
Discover other career opportunities at Square City