SUEZ | 29.03.2020 | Brussels
Logistics Performance Manager
Who are we ?
With 90,000 people on the five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances, in line with regulatory standards. To meet increasing demands to overcome resource quality and scarcity challenges, SUEZ is fully engaged in the resource revolution. With the full potential of digital technologies and innovative solutions, the Group recovers 17 million tons of waste a year, produces 3.9 million tons of secondary raw materials and 7 TWh of local renewable energy. It also secures water resources, delivering wastewater treatment services to 58 million people and reusing 882 million m3 of wastewater.
In Belgium, with approximately 1900 employees, SUEZ is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. With more than 45 sites all over Belgium proposing concrete and collaborative solutions to its customers, the company is active in all stages of the circular economy: from collection to sorting, recycling and recovery.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Performance Manager to shape our organization's long-term strategy in Logistics and develop measures that realize our business objectives.
The Logistics Performance Manager will be tasked with assessing organizational performance, developing achievable goals and implementing processes that improve organizational effectiveness and build a sustainable competitive advantage.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the development of long-term organizational strategy.
- Conduct research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes, stakeholders, etc.
- Align departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Assess market trends and competitors.
- Identify threats and opportunities.
- Present findings, projections and recommended actions.
- Support and guide senior executive decision-making processes.
- Plan, implement and manage proposed recommendations and projects.
- Monitor and report on projects.
- Define, launch and drive mission-crucial logistical operations.
- Estimate logistics related resources and time and establish priorities within project team.
- Involve in resource allocation and coordination with different project team managers and leaders.
- Manage risk and develop risk mitigation plan.
- You own a Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration and have approximately 10 years of relevant experience.
- You should be familiar with business operations and demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- To be successful you should have desk research experience, an analytical mind and outstanding presentation skills.
- You have a passion for logistics related digitalization and automation.
- If you are in possession of the Certificate professional competence Road Transport Manager this will be considered as an advantage.
- You are bilingual Dutch/French with a good working knowledge of English.
We offer a fascinating job in a dynamic and fast evolving working environment. We foresee an attractive salary package with extralegal benefits including a company car.