About World Courier
World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’ business goals. With 2,000+ associates across 50+ countries in 140+ company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
Under broad direction of the Operations Manager at World Courier's facility in Brussels, this position performs dispatching functions for our Brussels operations team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispatch of pick-up and delivery jobs
- Organize domestic and international road transports
- Liaise with our sub contracted drivers, airlines, handling agents, customs officers and customers
- Follow up on shipments while the goods are in the custody of the above partners
- Monitor and track ongoing shipments, react to any deviations
- Communicate with all other world courier departments
- Update of our IT systems
- Verify and approve invoices
Experience and Education Requirements
- Be fluent in French, Dutch and English (other languages are an asset)
- Previous dispatch experience - ideally at another freight or specialty logistics provider
- Show past experience in the logistics sector (Freight forwarder, other Courier Company, Airline, handling agent, pharmaceutical company etc.) or an equivalent degree in logistics
- Provide strong organizational skills and pay attention to details
- Resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Have a in depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Point and Outlook and other IT programs
- Work independently and be flexible. (work in shifts 0600 to-1800)
World Courier offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with plenty of room as well as a competitive salary package. Initial training is also provided, as well as the potential for future development opportunities. If you feel your experience and skillset is a good match for these criteria, and would like to work in a rewarding position in a global, industry leading specialty logistics company please apply and include an up to date copy of your CV together with your desired remuneration package.