Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Aims of the job
Why do we need a Customer Service Representative?
Organising goods trains is a complex exercise, but that doesn't matter to our customers. They trust that we will finalise their project, from request to arrival at the customer, down to the last detail. During transit they want to be informed proactively about everything that is important to them. Therefore, organising goods trains requires more than computations and logistical effort. It also requires clear communication, customer focus and perfect administrative follow-up.
What does that mean precisely in reality?
• Ensuring customer satisfaction – For our customers you are Lineas. As soon as they have placed their order, you follow our internal processes and translate them to the customer. That way the customer will know that everything is running smoothly and they'll get an insight into the precise location of their cargo.
• SLAs - You follow the quality that we provided to the customer via standardised reports.
• Creating consignment notes – You are responsible for the administrative task of creating consignment notes. You help think about the digitisation of each step in the process.
• Checking proactively and learning new skills – You reserve some time every day to look further than your inbox. Sometimes you anticipate possible obstacles for ongoing projects, sometimes you learn more about the trends and evolutions of our sector.
• Optimising processes – Following processes without thinking about them does not give you satisfaction. You think things can be improved? Can be faster? Can be simpler? Then consult with colleagues and customers and look for concrete improvements together.
Are you the right person for this job?
A Customer Service Representative mainly focuses on... customer service. And that sums up your entire profile. To do this job well and with pleasure, you must think in a customer-oriented and solution-oriented manner.
Other than that we are looking for:
• Someone with a Bachelor's or Master's diploma, or equivalent due to experience
• Someone with a proactive attitude (customers love timely messages)
• Strong communication skills, both towards customers and internally
• Someone communicative, who speaks fluent Dutch, French and English. Good knowledge of German is a real asset.
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.