The business controller is a member of the management team within the Contract Logistics department. He/she acts as a true business partner for the business unit director from a financial viewpoint. Together with the FSL controller, the controller is responsible for the coordination, planning, and reporting of the financial activities of the business units.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Act as the right hand of the business unit director. Advice/support in all financial matters including forecasting, accruals, investment applications…
- Monitor FSL including daily people management of one or more FSL Controllers making sure that KN guidelines on FSL handling are met.
- Actively participate in improvement and strategic business projects.
- Actively propose & discuss improvements with various stakeholders in order to increase the profitability and productivity on client, lane or activity level.
- Proactively support the business with financial and operational analysis of monthly figures and translate opportunities into gains for KN.
- Translate financial and operational issues into financial solutions and implement change across the business units. Responsible for month and year end closing & the yearly budgeting process of the business unit respecting internal deadlines.
- Approve costs, follow up on invoices/disputes and expense notes.
- Supporting in internal and external audits where and if needed.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimal relevant working experience of at least 5 - 10 years
- People management experience
- Affinity in Logistics
- Advanced analytical thinking
- Ability to influence and share your opinion
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, …)
- Languages: Very good verbal and written knowledge of English. Any other language is an asset
Good reasons to join
We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Please apply directly online.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com