Manuchar NV | 10.06.2023 | Anvers
Junior Trader Steel Central America & Caribbean
Description de l’offre
Every employee plays an active part in our success story. At Manuchar, we support every talent in finding their career path within an inspiring international working environment. For the position of Junior Trader, we're looking for an (experienced) commercial colleague to help us expand our business.
Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
Based at our headquarters in Antwerp, the main objective of the Junior Trader Steel is to grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (Central America & the Caribbean). As a Junior Trader you take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio. The Trader reports to the BU Manager Steel. You work in Antwerp, and you will frequently travel to the assigned region. Occasional global travel will be needed.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Based at our head office in Antwerp you will receive an intense introduction in file administration towards Latin America on operational, documentary and financial level.
- Once you are confident in file handling you will start to concentrate on your commercial targets. You handle inquiries from customers for steel products, draw up offers in close communication with suppliers and follow-up quotations till closing the deal. You supervise the file process from a sales perspective and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting monitors your commercial support.
- You maintain a close communication with suppliers, monitor product price and share market information with your colleagues worldwide.
- Having gained product and market knowledge, you gradually evolve to the position of Trader. You will become responsible for the further expansion of your markets. You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips.
- Your education is a commercial, technical, or logistic oriented. In addition, you are proficient in Word and Excel.
- You preferably have a minimum of 1 year experience in a junior (international) sales function with a renowned international company.
- You are eager to learn and have the necessary maturity to work in an international environment.
- You live nearby our HQ in Antwerp and are flexible to travel frequently to your assigned region within the emerging economies.
- You are interculturally skilled and can build relationships with various types of people and cultures.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You definitively have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
- You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- You work proactively and are enthusiastic to succeed though being extremely accurate in your approach.
- You work independently, though not afraid to request help if necessary.
- You are a self-learner, gaining deeper interest in the products you deal in as part of completing your profile.
- You are result driven, organized, and flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- You like working in a dynamic and transparent team where communication is key.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CVWarehouse.
Manuchar NV, dont le siège social est situé à Anvers, est un partenaire renommée et internationale dans le domaine du commerce, de la logistique, de la distribution et de la gestion de la chaîne d'approvisionnement, principalement dans les secteurs de la (pétro)chimie et de l'acier.
Notre activité de distribution de produits chimiques de bout en bout dessert diverses industries, notamment les soins à domicile, les soins personnels, l'alimentation humaine et animale, l'agriculture, l'exploitation minière, le pétrole et le gaz, le verre, les textiles, le papier et le traitement de l'eau. Nos activités de commerce international couvrent l'acier, les plastiques, le ciment, le bois, le papier, les pièces détachées et les produits pharmaceutiques.
Les ingrédients de notre succès ? Nous connaissons les produits, les marchés, les solutions logistiques mondiales et locales et nous avons les capacités de financement nécessaires. Mais surtout... nous avons plus de 2 000 employés motivés et qualifiés qui font que ça marche !
Chez Manuchar, nous assurons le fonctionnement de votre production. À tout moment. Où que vous soyez.Découvrez les autres opportunités de carrière chez Manuchar NV