Cargill | 05.03.2020 | Oost-Vlaanderen
Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location(s): Gent, Belgium
As the Supply Chain Planner you are part of the supply chain team in Gent that is responsible for all supply chain activities of the biodiesel business in Europe. This includes production planning of the plants, blending planning of the terminal operations, customer service tasks, transport booking, and more logistical activities. You maximize customer satisfaction and revenue by meeting the needs and expectations of the suppliers and customers with regards to contract execution and order fulfilment for European biodiesel operations. You are the primary point of contact for the supplier/customer for all aspects related to contract nominations and deliveries (in- and outbound, domestic and/or intra EU cross border flows). You collaborate with external third parties and internal departments to ensure optimal logistical operations and aligns logistical planning with all stakeholders. You are accountable for all contract execution activities for fundamental/small scale flow(s) for one or multiple product lines. You also handle the after care such as complaint management, customer performance metrics, KPI measurements.
- You make sure the medium and long term planning are guaranteed and confirmed with the commercial team;
- You liaise with customer service and execution team to establish the short term plan and monitor its execution;
- You monitor and manage capacity of inventory in relation to demand of customer orders for multiple products and outside storage facilities;
- You set stock levels (safety stock) and monitor inventory health for multiple products, along with managing the quality of the products;
- You coordinate and execute the forecasting of various products, interpret processes, and work with stakeholders to explain and refine it;
- In case of deficiencies or surplus in the long term pipeline of the products, you lead the way to resolve it, involve the required stakeholders and establish a plan to execute;
- You use thorough knowledge of supply chain planning practices and procedures to validate, coordinate, and execute sales and operations plans and other supply chain strategies that will become available in the near future;
- You perform detailed review of costs and impacts due to decisions taken in the network – looking at a cost optimization point of view for an entire network of products;
- You take a coordinator role to define the supply chain plan and align with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, plant operations, procurement) on the impact of the supply chain plan;
- You support the evolution within the supply chain processes for developing tools/systems and relationships that support the biodiesel supply chain, as well as other databases within the business related to shipments and operational management.
- University degree or equivalent or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in supply chain (SC) or relevant supply chain experience
- Proven track record in delivering improvements in the area of SC (e.g. cost savings, service improvement, additional revenue creation)
- Basic knowledge of process and production steps and ‘general’ plant lay-outs / restrictions
- Basic knowledge of different transport modalities and restrictions
- Understanding of implications of all relevant internal processes and procedures on stakeholders (logistics planning, execution)
- Fluent in English and local language (additional language is a plus)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.