Cefic | 05.05.2021 | Brussel
Transport & Logistics Manager
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, founded in 1972, is the voice of large, medium and small chemical companies across Europe, which provides 1.1 million jobs and accounts for approximately 15% of world chemicals production
Cefic strives to be the best respected and most trusted business association in Europe. Based in Brussels, it is a committed partner to the European Union, interacting on behalf of its members with European institutions, non-governmental organisations, the media, and other stakeholders. As an active member of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), Cefic seeks to strengthen existing cooperation with global organisations such as UNEP and the OECD to improve chemicals management worldwide.
The Association’s mission is to:
- Serve its members by generating and aggregating scientific knowledge that fosters the purpose of the Association in critical areas,
- Offer services and expertise to its members in regulatory, scientific and technical matters,
- Engage, advocate and represent the industry in order to create the right support and policy frameworks in Europe and beyond,
- Add value as a collective compared to individual companies’ activities.
Cefic supports the Green Deal and Europe’s ambition to become climate neutral by 2050. Our industry is at the crossroads of the circular economy, climate neutral Europe and safe and sustainable by design chemistry. Chemical Recycling, Electrification of chemical processes, Hydrogen, Digitalisation, CCS and CCU, bio-based chemicals are examples of key topics on our agenda. The time for change is now
To reinforce the Transport and Logistics team, Cefic is looking for a (m/f/d):
Transport & Logistics Manager
Mission of the role:
Reporting to the Director of Transport and Logistics, you will manage a diverse range of topics related to the safe, sustainable and efficient transport and logistics of products and raw materials of the chemical industry.
With the support of issue teams and expert working groups, you will be responsible for following up on key logistics policy and regulatory developments, and for developing positions to address these, taking into account legal, political and company boundaries. You will support Cefic members in the development of best practices in transport and logistics safety, sustainability and digitalisation.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Shape the European transport policy for road, rail, barge and maritime, including the development of position papers and advocacy plans on issues of importance to the chemical industry (such as low-emission mobility, multimodal optimization and digitalisation).
- Support the advocacy of Cefic positions at the European Commission and towards other business associations.
- Give guidance to the sector on low emission transport management in connection with responsible care.
- Seize opportunities and tackle challenges created by the digitalization of transport.
- Develop and promote industry best practice guidelines to further increase the safety, security, sustainability and efficiency of chemical transport and logistics by all transport modes, in close co-operation with the logistics service providers and their representative associations.
- Support the Cefic Issue Team sustainable transport & logistics, manage the Cefic Network of Experts on transport digitalisation and support the Network of Experts on Transport Safety.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
A master’s degree or equivalent in on-the-job specialised trainings in engineering, sciences, or business management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international working environment in the chemical manufacturing or transport industry or in an international industry association
- Proven experience in managing transport and/or safety issues
- Understanding of all physical and administrative processes involved in the loading, unloading and transport of materials, including relevant transport legislation
- Knowledge of the international regulations for the transport of dangerous goods
Required personal and interpersonal qualities:
- A good team player who is able to work as well independently and objectively in a multi-functional and multicultural team
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well-organized, very enthusiastic and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience
- Excellent writing, networking and negotiation skills (in person and virtually)
- Excellent organisational, project management and computer skills
- A curious personality, keen to learn and improve continuously
- Pro-active with service and customer orientation
- Prepared to live in Belgium (Brussels)
- Full professional proficiency in English (written and oral), additional European languages are a definite asset
What do we offer?
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs
- Full time employment contract, Competitive salary according to experience and several benefits
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring)
- Interviews via video conferencing during COVID-19 pandemic
Are you interested?
- Please send your application with full curriculum vitae, quoting the reference TLM-02, by 14 May 2021 to Cefic
- Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Officer, Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
NB: Please note that in the course of the recruitment process, your application may be shared with internal departments and/or Cefic members.