JUNIOR ASSISTANT LINE MANAGER
The Conti 7 group - established in 1923 - is a passionate family holding company providing a wide range of maritime services.
Emphasis being to organize for and offer to its wide scope of international customers a range of specialized and flexible transport solutions.
Conti7 services are constantly expanding to ensure customers' needs and interests are met. This approach has seen Conti7 constantly investigating new markets and establishing offices around the world.
Conti7 are happy to offer a full and diverse range of services including:
- liner and parcel services, with a focus on a number of 'niche' products, such as steel, grain and ferts
- broking and chartering
- freight forwarding and logistics
- port operations and warehousing.
Conti7 guarantee the highest quality in each of them.
The group also is owning a number of vessels.
The company employs 85 people and is located at the Generaal Lemanstraat 82/92 - 2600 Berchem and Sneeuwbeslaan 14 - 2610 Wilrijk as from November 2018, with branch offices in Hong Kong and London.
Conti-Lines (Branch Office of Conti7) is looking for a Junior Assistant Line Manager to join its team
Job Description (non-exhaustive) :
- Provide commercial assistance by keeping regular contact with a selected number of customers
- Make voyage calculations and freight calculations
- Offer freights after discussing the freight level with the line manager
- Answer agents enquiries
- Assists line manager in analyzing the market and the financial results
- Gives administrative support such as input bookings, prepare/send sailing schedule, laytime calculation, invoicing, follow up of payments, give notices, request information from agents.
- Substitute main tasks of Line Manager / Commercial Director in case of absence
Key skills and requirements:
- Bachelor degree in logistics and/or transport or similar field
- Some years of experience in drycargo/(break)bulk operations are an asset
- Common sense & analytical skills
- Customer & service oriented
- Languages : Dutch & English (fluent spoken and written), French is an asset
We offer :
- pleasant work in a young team
- a Belgian company with an international 'vibe'
- a salary related to your skills & experience + extra legal advantages
Please send your cv and application letter to Mr. Vloeberghs.
Applications will be treated confidentially.