Euro Marine Logistics NV | 06.05.2021 | Vlaams-Brabant
Assistant Manager – Business Analysis & Chartering
Euro Marine Logistics NV (www.euro-marine.eu) is a leading maritime transport company for the automotive sector and other rolling material. With a team of 35 people we operate around 12 vessels through the European waters from our office in Wemmel, Belgium. EML is a 100% subsidiary company of Mitsui OSK Lines and part of MOL ACE, being the Mitsui OSK Lines Auto Carrier Express, and is in the group responsible for the intra-European shipments. Annually we lift around 1.2m units, call 22 different ports, and supply more than 40 different markets with worldwide sourcing.
We are looking to strengthen our Business Coordination Team with a new position, i.e. Business Analysis & Chartering. The primary role of this new position is threefold :
- On the technical side : to organize data into easy to visualize and read information, to develop and enhance reports using data collection, data management, data visualization and reporting techniques to support analysis and decision making. The analyst must be able to think critically and tackle complex requests. Successful candidates will have a strong experience with relational databases and the ability to understand business requirements and work with stakeholders to develop automated reporting solutions.
- On the analysis side : to assist Management and other divisions in the PDCA process, thoroughly use the acquired understanding of data through the above, in making recommendations for improving the overall well-being of the Company, as well as participating in Budget process, Strategy papers, and alike.
- On the chartering side : to negotiate and execute Charter Parties with Owners, Charterers or Brokers through the acquired understanding of supply/demand analyses, to report internally and follow up the post-fixture operation/administration.
This role is ideal for an individual who has a passion for using data to drive decision making in a corporate environment and is comfortable working autonomously and professionally to meet deadlines. This is a highly visible position that will interact with people in diverse countries and cultures, along with exposure to senior leadership.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst & Charterer you will become part of EML’s Business Coordination Team which is responsible for corporate planning, strategic pricing, tender studies, supply/demand analyses for the commodity we ship and for the ships themselves, operational reporting and budgeting, chartering vessels in/out, and business intelligence. The Business Analyst would be responsible for sourcing and developing reporting solutions to help improve decisions for the organization, design and produce user-friendly intelligence reporting, business metrics, reports, dashboards and data solutions, which is to be used to make concrete recommendations to Management and other divisions, as well as to be used in Budget/Strategy planning.
The Charterer would be responsible to acquire thorough understanding of the market and its players, build relationship with Owners, Operators, Brokers, and other stakeholders, and will negotiate and execute relevant Charter Parties, including post-fixture management.
- You have a University degree and similar 3-5 years’ experience in quantitative field (maths, finance, statistics, business, economics, or alike)
- You excel in Microsoft Excel including the “Get and Transform” functionality (previously known as PowerQuery) and PowerPivot, preference of good knowledge PowerBI
- You have experience working with data sets from multiple sources and/or creating data sets yourself
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You are a driven, flexible person, and a good communicative team player
- You demonstrate sound judgment as well as apply logical/critical thought processes
- You thrive within a dynamic, quickly changing environment
- Having affinity or interest in Shipping and/or automotive would be considered as a plus
- Having affinity with Charter Parties would be considered as an even bigger plus
- A challenging job in a dynamic and international environment
- In-house training into the maritime sphere and chartering in particular
- Concrete responsibilities within EML’s Business Coordination Team
- Training and development will be encouraged
- A correct salary package with benefits
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Introduce yourself to us and send your CV and motivation letter in English to Marielle Metzger – email@example.com
Euro Marine Logistics NV
Welkom bij Euro Marine Logistics (EML)
EML heeft een leidende rol in de Europese Short Sea vervoer van afgewerkte voertuigen en andere RO / RO project cargo.
Met de nauwe steun van onze eigenaar,die een sleutelfiguur is op de markt van Global Ocean PCC / PCTC transport, kiezen we er voluit voor om onszelf uit te dagen om een hoge kwaliteit aan te bieden.
We dienen onze klanten en nemen ook onze verantwoordelijkheid ten op zichte van het milieu. We zijn continu op zoek om onze ecologische voetafdruk te verbeteren.
Bekijk de vacatures van EML en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Euro Marine Logistics NV