Euro Marine Logistics NV | 06.05.2021 | Vlaams-Brabant
Assistant Manager – Trade management
Euro Marine Logistics NV (www.euro-marine.eu) is a leading maritime transport company for the automotive sector and other rolling material. With a team of 35 people we operate around 12 vessels through the European waters from our office in Wemmel, Belgium. EML is a 100% subsidiary company of Mitsui OSK Lines and part of MOL ACE, being the Mitsui OSK Lines Auto Carrier Express, and is in the group responsible for the intra-European shipments. Annually we lift around 1.2m units, call 22 different ports, and supply more than 40 different markets with worldwide sourcing.
We are looking for a dynamic assistant manager to lead our Trade management team. You will be the main driver in finding the most optimal planning of our vessels, by guiding the existing team. You will create a general overview over the different EML trades and define potential synergies between our own trades as well as within the MOL group.
Besides your strong focus on leading the current team, you will also seek for a good balance between customer demand and the P/L result of each voyage. You will actively share information about the different trades in workgroups with different divisions and/or senior management, as well as sharing your ideas in the development of new projects and studies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall supervision of the trade management team and final responsibility for the short-term planning and P/L results of the vessels. You will take this responsibility in close cooperation with the different group leaders, as well as the trade management staff.
- Building and maintaining your team as well as stimulating the development of the individual employees by coaching/training activities. You will be responsible for good people management in your group by organizing team meetings, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general.
- Implement processes to improve the daily workflow as well as participation in new systems together with our IT department
Your Skills and Experiences
- You have a University degree and have a first experience in managing a team
- You have experience in cargo planning preferably linked to the maritime cluster
- You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), any other language would be considered as a plus
- You are a driven, flexible person, and a good communicative team player
- You are analytically strong and able to apply logical/critical thought processes
- Having affinity or interest in Shipping and/or automotive would be considered as a plus
- A challenging job in a dynamic and international environment
- In-house training into the maritime sphere and cargo planning in particular
- Concrete responsibilities within EML’s Trade Management team
- A correct salary package with usual benefits
- Development opportunities within EML-MOL group
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Introduce yourself to us and send your CV and motivation letter in English to Marielle Metzger – firstname.lastname@example.org
Euro Marine Logistics NV
Welkom bij Euro Marine Logistics (EML)
EML heeft een leidende rol in de Europese Short Sea vervoer van afgewerkte voertuigen en andere RO / RO project cargo.
Met de nauwe steun van onze eigenaar,die een sleutelfiguur is op de markt van Global Ocean PCC / PCTC transport, kiezen we er voluit voor om onszelf uit te dagen om een hoge kwaliteit aan te bieden.
We dienen onze klanten en nemen ook onze verantwoordelijkheid ten op zichte van het milieu. We zijn continu op zoek om onze ecologische voetafdruk te verbeteren.
Bekijk de vacatures van EML en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Euro Marine Logistics NV