Kuehne+Nagel Luxembourg | 23.09.2022 | Limburg
Senior Operations Manager
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible to deliver an excellent warehouse performance on all warehouse activities assigned to you.
You will be responsible for delivering excellent warehouse performance in all your activities. You will focus on supervising the day-to-day warehouse activities and strengthening all the logistic processes part of and linked to the warehouse activities. The day-to-day warehouse activities consist of reception, inbound, outbound, packaging, storage, and value-added services. The execution of the flow is largely automated. You will interact with the different stakeholders in order to plan preventive maintenance, guarantee uptime and supervise execution. Furthermore, you will work actively to optimize the productivity and service level of our customers.
- Overall supervision, coordination and final responsibility for the day-to-day operations assigned to you. You will take this responsibility in strong collaboration with your team leaders and other staff in a way that your team achieves the internal and external KPI’s. (QCDISME) This includes full responsibility in the planning of orders and in the staff which need to be scheduled and furthermore responsibility in escalation of problem solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear. In doing so you take full responsibility in maintaining and improving the relation with your customers;
- Manage diverse projects within the warehouse environment. You will take the lead in defining, planning, preparing, implementing and follow-up of projects such as operational implementation of new customers, integration of new activities for current customers, integration of new ways of working;
- Maintaining and strengthen the existing continuous improvement culture by actively stimulating and supporting our Kuehne+Nagel Production System (PS). You will be the ambassador for continuous improvement in your team and you will lead several continuous improvement – projects yourself to increase performance and quality and decrease costs;
- Building and maintaining your team and stimulating development of the individual employees in your team. You take on the final responsibility for the people management in your area included: staff communication, organize team meetings, team building activities, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general, training, coaching and more;
- Supervision of the execution and follow-up of our quality, health, safety and security policy (QSHE) including : safety meetings, safety walks, security audits, follow-up of data quality in different databases and more;
- Develop and implement the tactical and operational plan for your warehouse area to support the realization of the strategical plan of the whole organization. Contribute in the development of that strategical plan during planning phase.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Master's degree in logistics/business/supply chain;
- Multiple years of successful management in a similar role;
- You have a solid knowledge both of warehouse and logistic processes and of the concepts of lean management and continuous improvement;
- Advanced MS Excel and experience with warehouse management systems;
- You discovered a strong leadership within yourself to take responsibility for results and to lead a team. It goes without saying that this leadership emergence in well-oiled communication skills which you use in dialogue with colleagues and customers;
- Passion for coaching and developing your team members;
- You have solid (personal) work organizing and time management skills. You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances;
- You have a self-motivating and result-motivated personality;
- Language skills: English, French and Dutch - fluent speaking and writing
Met meer dan 78.000 medewerkers op 1.400 locaties in meer dan 100 landen is de Kuehne+Nagel Groep één van 's werelds toonaangevende logistieke dienstverleners.
Bekijk de vacatures van Kuehne+Nagel hieronder en solliciteer online.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Kuehne+Nagel