Kuehne +Nagel | 21.10.2020 | Vlaams-Brabant
Customs Officer Sea & Air
Customs Officer Sea & Air | Belgium | req65757
We are offering a Customs Officer function within our Customs Team in our Air Logistics site located in Brussels.
As Customs Officer you service our Import and Export Forwarding Teams by ensuring all customs requirements for their orders are met correct and in time. This includes correct handling all customs documents and formalities for import, transit and export goods, ensuring all legal and customer requirements are met concerning clearing of goods, advising our forwarders on customs matters and building and maintaining a professional relation with the customs offices. The customs officer could work for both Air & Seafreight.
- The correct and in time follow-up of declarations, import as well as export.
- Accurate and timely preparation and follow-up of corrections.
- Identify ambiguities and errors together with the forwarders of the Import -and export departments, whether or not in consultation with the Manager.
- Optimize the operational and administrative processes for more efficiency within your department.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, internal and external contacts.
- Correct usage of custom tariffs.
- Complete operational KN and NON KN Air Logistics files with information about declarations and billing where applicable.
- Correct compliance of custom legislation and custom tariffs.
- Improve and secure data quality in all operational and reporting systems and files.
- Correct compliance of Belgian custom legislation.
- Support the compliance of rules and procedures within the team.
- Work conform the KN QSHE and Compliance guidelines and procedures.
- Work conform the existing and applicable SOP's and WI's and support creation of new ones.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor degree or equal by experience;
- Very good knowledge of the customs declarations process and Incoterms;
- Advanced knowledge MS Office: Explorer, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,…
- Advanced knowledge Dutch : speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge English : speaking and writing
- Advanced knowledge French : speaking and writing
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a challenging position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
+32 470 45 70 16
Met meer dan 78.000 medewerkers op 1.400 locaties in meer dan 100 landen is de Kuehne+Nagel Groep één van 's werelds toonaangevende logistieke dienstverleners.
Bekijk de vacatures van Kuehne+Nagel hieronder en solliciteer online.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Kuehne +Nagel