Kuehne+Nagel | 18.02.2021 | Antwerpen
Sea Logistics Operational Care Specialist - Import
Sea Logistics Operational Care Specialist - Import | Belgium | req68947
We are looking for an Operational Care Specialist to join our dynamic Sea Logistics Team.
You are part of a team in the Operational Care Center responsible for coordinating transport activities by executing the necessary bookings with our partners, executing the requisite data entry across all KN systems, and generating the required documentation. Additionally, you are liaising with our Customer Care team to ensure all requirements are met in compliance with rules and regulations governing sea transport and associated national protocols. Lastly, you build and maintain a strong partnership with key carriers and vendors.
- To create/ complete shipment details in our internal data management system (Carrier/ Vessel, Item description, etc.);
- To coordinate with customer care, haulers and carriers;
- To create files for consolidation container (Master / Single);
- To review and ensure alignment of shipping instructions including clarifying any deviations/conflicts taking country regulations, compliance and rate and routing information into consideration;
- To ensure profit maximization;
- To immediately report problems, operation disputes, or discrepancies to the direct manager;
- To monitor the operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalate/create awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered - Initiate and resolve any rate discrepancies;
- To work with Customer Care on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operations;
- To support the Customer Care team in resolving complaints.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Logistics;
- Proven experience in Sea Logistics & strong knowledge in Freight Forwarding;
- Analytical mindset;
- Multitasker and strong organiser;
- Ability to communicate persuasively whilst demonstrating adaptability and empathy;
- Problem-Solving and able to work under pressure;
- Languages: Native Dutch and very good verbal and written knowledge of English.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer an employee-friendly and casual environment for you to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast-developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 78,000 employees at some 1,400 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Met meer dan 78.000 medewerkers op 1.400 locaties in meer dan 100 landen is de Kuehne+Nagel Groep één van 's werelds toonaangevende logistieke dienstverleners.
Bekijk de vacatures van Kuehne+Nagel hieronder en solliciteer online.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Kuehne+Nagel