Lineas NV | 12.08.2020 | Brussel
Expert Supplier Manager
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for an Expert Supplier Management?
Lineas is based in Belgium with a Branch in the Netherlands and Germany and runs trains to multiple destinations all over Europe. In order to reach all these destinations we make use of various 3rd party service providers. The Expert Supplier management as a part of our engineering department is responsible for building and managing a large network of potential and active suppliers, guaranteeing an optimal collaboration by putting in place solid agreements and effective quality follow up.
What you will have to do
- You will be responsible to identify potential Rail Suppliers in the European markets and come up with a marketing plan
- You will take the lead in contacting potential suppliers, initiating compliance checks and starting the onboarding process
- You are responsible for writing down and maintaining the operational agreements according to Lineas standards
- You will set up alignments with Capacity, Sales and Corridor management to capture the strategic input towards our rail Suppliers
- You shall Assist and provide information and feedback to support the Supplier Account manager in Quality Business reviews
- You will take an active role in the Lineas Suppliers Reporting Platforms; Weekly and Monthly Supplier Review
- You shall attend and actively provide your input in our weekly team meetings
What you must be able to do
- Work independently; you will be based in our Office in Brussels or Mainz
- Willing to travel up to 40% within Europe
- Develop a Pragmatic way of working ensuring deadlines are kept
- Be pro-active and stress resilient in a changing work environment and shifting deadlines
- Prioritize work
- Have a knowledge of contract management
- Implement an open communication between yourself and the different suppliers in your portfolio.
- Work closely together with your team members, finding the optimal work load division and reaching the required quality standards.
- Keep looking for improvements by putting forward creative ideas to improve our business.
- You speak and write fluently English and German. (Dutch and or French are a real plus)
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further.
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV