Lineas NV | 13.04.2021 | Brussel
Head of Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance
Are you our new Head of Locomotive & Wagon Maintenance?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we? We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
Someone who will
- Safeguard the safety and structurally improve the availability, reliability and cost-efficiency of the maintenance of Lineas locomotives and wagons, in accordance with ECM instructions and international regulations & guidelines;
- Continuously assess and improve all (preventive & corrective) locomotive and wagon maintenance related activities, including operational processes, maintenance development and workshop relationships, and that way safeguard the technical condition of the Lineas locomotives and wagons at all times;
- Participate in company-wide projects related to locomotives and wagons
What are your duties?
- Coordinate the operational maintenance of the Lineas locomotives and wagons, rented locomotives and third party wagons in Lineas trains;
- Own locomotive and wagon maintenance budget responsibility (for preventive and corrective maintenance, spare parts, studies and engineering) of around 40 million euro for the locomotive and 20 million euro for the wagons (OPEX & capitalised maintenance);
- Align and communicate clearly with all Lineas departments involved on specific assets maintenance related aspects on different platforms;
- Monitor the locomotive and wagon availability conform the needed demand and challenge the team in improving maintenance plans and assetconfigurations to improve locomotive and wagon availability;
- Put in place effective and efficient operational procedures and processes linked to the locomotive and wagon maintenance, oriented at minimising the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) and maximizing the Mean Time To Entry (MTTE);
- Assure cost-efficient maintenance by monitoring costs compared to budget and following up locomotive and wagon related claims;
- Build and manage structural relationships with directors of asset maintenance providers & assetleasecompanies with the aim to improve safety, availability, reliability and cost efficiency, within the framework set up by Procurement & Fleet management;
- Focus on developing the necessary technical in-house knowledge related to locomotives and wagon, and actively build a network of external knowledge providers in alignment with Lineas Production Systems;
- Guarantee an adequate governance of international regulations and conventions, such as European Train Control System (ETCS) ,GCU-framework representation and low noise wagon regulation, and decide on Lineas’ point of view related to items treated in international organisations, lobby organisations and regulatory organisations linked to locomotives and wagons in alignment with the reliability engineer and other Lineas departments;
- Contribute, either as project lead or team member, to company-wide projects related to locomotives and wagons, such as financing constructions and European innovation programs;
- Lead and coach a team of direct and indirect reports of different levels (from administrators to academics) of in total approx. 45 ppl.
What is your profile?
- You have a master degree in engineering (industrial or civil)
- You have at least 10 years of relevant experience, with minimum 5 years in a management role
- You have experience leading or co-leading a major maintenance environment.
- You have experience in introducing and roll out of Central Maintenance management Systems.
- You have experience with technology, ideally heavy machinery, electric/electronic/mechanics
- You are organized and able to prioritize in a context of changing priorities
- You are stress-resilient
- You have proven people management skills
- You combine good analytical and technical competences with efficient communication skills
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch, with a good knowledge of the other language (FR/NL), German is a plus
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you? With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV