Lineas NV | 01.08.2021 | Brussel
Network Manager - Kader A
Are you our new Network Manager?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
The objective of the Network Manager is to increase contribution of the different flows in your network area. The function is combining a focus on a strategical network optimization level with the management of the underlying improvement projects. Flow management aims to maximize value creation by balancing customer needs with the operational capabilities and so connecting commercial and operational teams thanks to the network contribution perspective.
What are your duties?
The function consists of three key roles:
Product Portfolio Management
- Steer the product portfolio to develop your network area revenue and contribution
- Evaluate the 360° product performances within your network area by combining commercial, financial and operational insights
- Long term product frequency steering based on sales pipeline and demand forecast
- Sharpen and challenge product requirements to steer concept design of the flows over the different production models
- Supervise the commercial launch process for new flows
- Gatekeeper to keep products aligned with the network development strategy
Project management flow optimization
- Propose, coordinate and overview network improvement initiatives:
- Exploit potential synergies between flows
- Sponsor product redesigns in order to improve profitability and reliability
- Propose and overview commercial improvement initiatives:
- Provide sales steering inputs (preferred design, hunting plans)
- Provide input for pricing and revenue management strategy (capacity and yield management)
- Propose and overview operational improvement initiatives: steer for action plans on own/partner execution quality and/or productivity
Product innovation driver
- Explore and connect to the broader transportation sector in order to develop innovative E2E solutions to shift volumes from road to rail
- Drive product innovation to enable further network expansion
What is your profile?
- Master degree in Supply Chain or Business Economics or equivalent through experience
- Experience in transportation/logistics
- Experience in Network and/or Product Management and/or Line Management
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch and/or French. Knowledge of German is plus
- Result oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Agile, pragmatic and able to take decision without having all information available
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of the freight rail network and its customers is a plus
- Knowledge of/affinity with Network Design tools (as AIMS), BI tools (as Tableau) is a plus
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV