Lineas NV | 07.05.2021 | Brussel
Network Management & Alliances: Flow Manager
Are you our new Flow Manager?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
The objective of the Flow Manager is to manage and optimize the flows to fit and fill our products into our network at mid-term for a product type (GXN/SWL/conventional/intermodal). The function is combining a focus on a strategical network optimization level and on the translation and cascading into the mitigating actions on a tactical level, connecting customer-oriented roles with the operational capabilities and production systems. The function consists of four key roles.
- Product Portfolio Management monitors progress of the network development plan in both revenue and profitability over the different product types. By combining financial indicators with customer and market intelligence, more operational indicators as reliability, productivity of resources and the planned-to-production ratio, the team evaluates the 360° product performance.
- A second role is flow optimization. Aim is to optimize frequency, quality and productivity of flows based on the 360° product views and the network development plan. Mitigating actions are initiated and coordinated with a truly transversal approach, essentially with KAM’s & Line Managers
- Thirdly is the supervision of the Launch process for new flows and Hub development on both mid & long term. Flow management act as gatekeeper both for product launches and redesigns, in order to keep products aligned with the network development strategy.
- A last element is to drive product innovation. Flow management explores and connects to the broader transportation sector in order to develop innovative E2E solutions and so enabling further network expansion.
What are your duties?
Product Portfolio Management
- Co-create development plans for the product type of your responsibility (GXN,SWL, conventional, intermodal) and its segments it consists of based on market insights and (future) operational capabilities in close collaboration with network and sales
- Support translation into sales objectives (turnover and profit) on product, market and geographical level
- Monitor network development progress by challenging and evaluating the sales pipeline to ensure the alignment with the network strategy of Lineas
- Steer improvement efforts on the different dimensions (market-segment/contribution-revenue)
- Provide preferred product specifications inputs for tenders, redesign and improvement plan.
- Deploy with the Network development managers the different products based on market insights and (future) operational capabilities in close collaboration with sales, engineering and supply chain
- Support translation into corresponding long term operational capabilities and capacities to be acquired or build
- Gatekeeper and commercial coordination for annual rail path ordering process, based on development strategy
- Monitor and evaluate progress of the operational capabilities and capacity ramp—up. Initiate mitigating actions if needed
Propose, coordinate and overview commercial improvement efforts:
- Frequency decisions based on sales pipeline and LT demand forecast
- Provide mid term input to commercial teams (sales/steering/line mgt)
- Optimize over product types: volumes BT to GXN, GXN’ise; Mix of BT & GXN on same stretch
Propose, coordinate and overview operational improvement efforts
- Product (Re)design
- Action plans on own/partner execution quality
- Action plan on resource productivity
Commercial Launch management
- Coach the product launch process from ‘go’ decision until stable execution
- Gatekeeper, coach and sponsor for product redesigns in order to improve profitability and reliability
Product innovation & profitability
- Contribute to the development of innovative E2E solutions
- Thanks to the product P&L board, propose solutions to get back on track.
- Identify potential innovative E2E solutions to shift volumes from road to rail
- During tendering period, assist the KAM & the Engineer to find the best innovative solution to increase volumes and maximize profitability
- Support network architecture and engineering to connect sales leads with potential product innovations
What is your profile?
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Extensive and in depth knowledge of Lineas network and its products
- Deep understanding of Lineas capabilities (processes, tools, data)
- Knowledge of the markets, segments and customers
- Result oriented with strong analytical skills, experienced in performance and project management
- Agile, pragmatic and able to take decision without having all information available
- Knowledge of Network Design tools (AIMS), BI tools (Tableau), CRM system (Sales Force) and MS Office
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch, French and German
- Master degree in supply chain or business economics. Or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in transportation/logistics
- Experience in Network, Product Management, Line Management, Account Management
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV