Lineas NV | 30.09.2022 | Brussel
Data Engineer Cloud Infrastructure - Kader A
Are you our new Data Engineer Cloud Infrastructure?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible setting where you can be yourself
- Put your ideas forward and act on them
- Contribute to a better environment
WHO ARE WE?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you love to work in a data environment? You love to offer stable and reliable services to internal customers. We’re looking for data enthusiasts familiar with supporting and maintaining cloud infrastructure with a focus on data, who want to be part of our dynamic team. The main goal of our team is to offer data services in such a way that it supports the ambitious goal of realizing the modal shift. You’ll use various tools and technologies such as kubernetes, SQL/NOSQL databases, Airflow, Apache Spark, Tableau …
You’ll work together with your team members with whom you are responsible for the maintenance and support of high-performance data platforms, ETL pipelines and data exploration/visualisation tools. We live and breathe the agile mind-set, with a high focus on reliable services to support our mission goals.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
Key elements are:
- Maintenance and monitoring data pipelines (ETL) from source applications towards a Data Warehouse or another reporting- or analytics datamodel
- Maintaining and monitoring data exploration/visualisation platforms and tools
- Diagnosis of issues and root cause analysis related to reliability, completeness, accuracy, update frequency of underlying data sets and analytic tooling on top
- Contributing to an advanced Analytics Platform using various open source big data technologies and some commercial products such as Alteryx/Tableau
- Implementing monitoring tools and frameworks and create monitoring KPI dashboards
- Involved in end2end testing and documentation
- Clear /Proactive communication towards our data stakeholders
WHAT IS YOUR PROFILE?
You have the requirements that we need and experience equivalent to:
- You have a bachelor or master degree, preferably within IT or equal by experience
- You have a ‘yes-we-can’ and ‘hands-on’-mentality and value open communication
- You have a proactive mind-set, with the ability to explain technical issues in an understandable manner to end customers (customer centric)
- You have a passion for data/ a data-driven mindset and would love to handle data from different kinds of sources with a keen eye on data quality
- You are stress resistant in case of emergencies
- You are a natural problem solver and come up with pragmatic solutions when necessary, keeping in mind concepts like technical debt
- You don’t strive to be the best of the team, you strive to be the best for the team
- You are at ease with cutting edge (open source) technologies or eager to learn new tools & technologies.
- You have excellent programming skills and experienced in putting programming concepts into practice
- Experienced in working with Java or Scala
- Experienced in working with SQL
- Experience or basic understanding in working with Python or R
- Good knowledge about SQL databases and database querying languages
- Experienced in working with database systems (SQL and NoSQL based)
- Experience in handling all types data from different data sources
- Experience in working with big data technology (preferably Apache Spark) and in an cloud environment (f.i Amazon Webservices)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- You are able to express a long term vision regarding reliable data services
- Knowledge agile methodologies and scaled frameworks such as SCRUM
- Fluent knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch and French.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, …
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast moving and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location if it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV