Lineas NV | 03.08.2021 | Antwerpen
Program Manager - Kader C
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As Program manager you translate the corporate objectives and strategic priorities within Operations (Capacity & Product Management, Supply Chain, Assets, SHC & LPS) in an international context, defined by the Lineas Production Systems, into a portfolio which consists of a roadmap of different programs and/or projects. You visualize and manage the inter-dependencies of all projects and programs within your assigned portfolio and you create a suitable governance model. As a program manager, you are continuously on the lookout for new organizational & operationally strategic improvements. Your people and lean skills help you building close relationships with all departments to spot (transversal) opportunities. You will take care of macroplanning, business case and benefits tracking. You are responsible for successful delivery of your portfolio and the change that these programs and projects entail.
In order to successfully execute the portfolio, you assign different projects and/or programs to (senior) Project Managers, as well as managing several key projects and/or programs on your own. These (senior) Project Managers are a combination of people for who you are hierarchically responsible, as well as business owners working within Operations that are not under the direct hierarchical command of the Program Manager LPS.
You actively support in and offer a common Lean & Project Management methodology to make sure programs and projects are all delivered in a similar, standardized and structured way. You coach these people so programs and/or projects are executed in an even better, more efficient and effective way. You track the progress of each project and program in terms of scope, time and budget, and provide a report out to the Director Lineas Production Systems or other platforms within Operations.
What are your duties?
- Translation of Operational business goals into program-level vision, strategy, approach, and implementation plans in order to achieve these business goals.
- Build a portfolio roadmap consisting of suitable projects and programs linked to the business objectives, and visualize and manage the inter-dependencies
- Find a good combination and balance between a small agile projects and large lengthy programs within the portfolio
- Work with other departments to develop budgets, plans and governance model for the programs
- Involve the Operational departments of Lineas BE and Lineas Intermodal, but also include Lineas’ foreign divisions (Lineas DE/FR/NL)
- Process & Data engineers, as well as different SME’s will provide vital Operational knowledge and will consequently be important stakeholders to work with within most of the projects and programs.
- Continuously evaluate and assess the programs' strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Identify new organizational and operationally strategic improvements, based on (transversal) problems in processes or inter/intra-departmental collaborations, to support and strengthen the portfolio’s objectives
- Set up and use clear prioritization rules and guidelines for new project and/or program requests
- Allocate the projects within the portfolio to the (senior) project managers for who the Program Manager is hierarchically responsible, as well as business owners within Operations that are not under his/her command (by mutual agreement with different departmental management teams), taking into account their capabilities, strengths, weaknesses and ambitions
- Managing key project and/or programs yourself
- Coaching of project managers and business owners so that projects are executed in a standardized, structured, efficient and effective way
- Overseeing project managers and business owners to ensure project goals are met, within the defined scope, time and budget
- Serve as escalation point to resolve program/portfolio issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans and communicate status to programs leadership team
- Functions as central point of program communication and status for program team members, stakeholders, management and executives. Communications are professional, timely, and clear and present the correct level of information based on audience.
- Accountable for adherence to established delivery standards and industry best practices to ensure successful project delivery leads to the overall program goals being achieved.
- Directs the application of various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, architectural review, quality assurance and facilitation. Provides objective advice, expertise and leadership support to program team members with the aim of creating value, driving program work, and delivering to business expectations.
- Act as an operations-wide competence center regarding Project & Lean Management. Build a Lineas Project & Lean Management methodology, including training material, templates and tools
- Facilitates the creation of business cases, program road maps, and program governance structures to support Project Managers. Ensures the integrated scope, schedule, budget, and quality of multiple project teams.
What is your profile?
- You have a Master degree or equivalent by experience
- (Master) BlackBelt certificate and/or PMI/Prince2 certified is a plus
- MS Office, Affinity & interest with ICT
- You are perfectly trilingual: Eglish/Dutch/French
- You have experience in Project/Program Management, Lean Management, coaching
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV