Lineas NV | 06.08.2021 | Brussel
Strategic Operations Data Manager - Kader B
Are you our new Strategic Operations Data Manager?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
The Strategic Operations Data Manager installs and assures proper master data governance within Operations and implements the appropriate (workflow management based) processes to assure efficient master data management. He works with the respective Subject Matter Experts to make sure that changes are sustainable and embedded in the day to day operational processes.
The Strategic Operations Data Manager in general is responsible for: overseeing the master data management within operations; for supporting, or in certain instances leading, master data related projects, or to provide expertise support to master data projects; to ensure appropriate data governance & data quality at all levels within operations. End goal is to ensure that the business departments have correct, qualitative data at their disposal to support their processes and decision-making.
The Strategic Operations Data Manager works closely with business and IT to define and promote the operations master data architecture, incl. aligned master data rules, taking into account the business process and data requirements across different functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity.
He is recognized by IT as the master data SPOC for Operations, and is part of the the IT masterdata squad team.
He also installs the necessary ‘ad hoc’ controls to monitor and analyze the master data quality (in terms of timeliness, correctness and completeness), provides management reporting on this, takes the lead to work out action plans in collaboration with the data owners and master data squad, to continuously improve this data quality. In alignment with and/or participating in the central masterdata squads, the Strategic Operations Data Manager may need to explore raw data (optionally with SQLs) in order to discover and detect the data issues and formulate the appropriate solutions for resolving data quality problems. In this respect the Strategic Operations Data Manager functions as lead towards operations for resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data owners.
What are your duties?
- Defines and works out master data rules and conventions, defines data structures, proposes master-slave relationships,
- Ensures the agreed standards are respected across the different stakeholders within Operations,
- Designs & implements policies & procedures, standards and models in regards to master data management within Operations,
- Leads the implementation of the data standardization policies within Operations and where applicable with external partners,
- Supports project work regarding master data management,
- Coordinates the Operations projects with impact on master data, data governance, data quality and applications where master data is a key factor,
- Provides expert input for the development of data models in connection with the data related projects or projects with an important impact on master data,
- Is a real leader in Operations master data related projects,
- Provide documentation and training linked to master data management,
- Maintain master data glossaries and the overview of (external) data sources,
- Advices Operations in the coordination of the operational data management and data entry,
- Monitors data is correctly entered and/or updated,
- Assesses the master data entry processes and propose ways of working more effective,
- When applicable, secures the process that received master data are complete and have the correct format,
- When applicable, provides expert advice and oversee mass updates of master data,
- Defines and agrees standards on data quality within all applications,
- Performs data quality checks & audits on order to validate that existing master data is correct,
- Draws up and report on performance indicators on the quality of the specific master data,
- Conduct reviews and workshops with operational management with a view to improving data quality and data protection,
- You check whether the governance is complied with, identify problems in time to propose a solution and measure the results against the objectives,
- Promote the permanent improvement policy of the quality and completeness of the data within Operations,
What is your profile?
- University level or equivalent by experience
- You are trilingual English, French, Dutch
- Knowledge of meta-data concepts, Surplus knowledge areas: SQL knowledge, Jupityr Notebook, the Lineas data-structure and the Lineas applications
- MS Office, knowledge of databases, knowledge on visualization tools (eg. for master data quality reporting)
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
- With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV