Lineas NV | 22.09.2021 | Brussel
Subject Matter Expert - Production Management
Are you our new Subject Matter Expert – Production Management?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we? We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) “Production Management” supports the business in standardising and optimising all physical operations - mainly by the drivers and (Senior) Ground Operators - in the local hubs in all countries. His/her objective is to improve the productivity and asset utilisation through the introduction of novel production methods and technology and strive for maximal standardisation across production sites both domestic and international, always with respect for local regulations.
The SME is the recognized process and method expert within the area or discipline he is responsible for. The ownership as such still lies within the business. In this respect, the SME is responsible for assisting and supporting the business in achieving the required levels of performance through process excellence. Excellent processes & methods supported by the right technology are key for the efficiency and performance of the Lineas Operations.
The SME therefore masters the detailed processes and methods and has insight in the supporting technology. He/she has a good understanding of the current capabilities of the physical production processes (productivity, throughput times, rework, automation, …). He/she actively researches new methods and technology to improve the existing capabilities and assists the business with the integrations in their operation by developing and providing the necessary documentation and change management support (in terms of eg. communication, training, user procedures).
The SME is working and interacting with multiple (other) specialists and stakeholders across both business and IT to optimize existing or develop new practices. The SME strives to have common and standard processes and methodologies across the entire Lineas organization.
The SME is involved and represents his domain when cross-domain changes are discussed or worked out. As such he also participates in the SME network with other disciplines both within and outside of Operations.
What are your duties?
Documentation, standardization & compliance
- Create and maintain process & method documentation, incl. change control
- Develop and maintain process & method training material
- Provide support to the user community in case of process questions or issues
- Assess and ensure the compliance with the defined processes / methods together with Business
- Work towards standardization across production sites by establishing “Production Standards”
Capability management and improvement
- Measure and monitor the process capability and OEE
- Understand the “voice of the customer” with respect to the process capability
- Monitor the performance of the process and define corrective actions when the process gets out of tolerance
- Identify and quantify performance gaps / improvement opportunities
- Lead initiatives to improve the process capability by process redesign and/or introduction of new production methods or technology
Innovation and best practice management
- Actively look for best practices within Lineas and external with respect to production processes, methods & technology
- Play and active role in diffusing best practices across different production sites
- Actively look for new production methods and technology to increase the productivity, reliability, … of our production processes
- Define, lead and evaluate Proof of Concepts for the introduction of new methods and technology
- Provide Engineering advice (eg client or reloader who want to connect to rail)
- Provide advice regarding on-site infrastructure
- Provide advice regarding the impact on production in case of new procedures
What is your profile?
- You have a master degree in Business or Engineering
- You’re fluent in English, Dutch and French
- Strong background in Rail production methods and supporting technology
- Thorough understanding of Local Stations ground operations
- Proven communication, change management and people management skills
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills to deal with conflicting priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to combine decisiveness with flexibility
- Ability to explore options and be able to synthesize into conclusions and decisions
- Dynamic, result oriented, rigorous and committed
- Eager to learn
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you? With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV