Lineas NV | 18.10.2021 | Brussel
Trainer (Lineas Academy)
Are you our new Trainer at Lineas Academy?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
The trainer is an internal expert in one or several operational domains. The trainer takes responsibility over a number of trainings and certifications. The trainer takes control over the planning, participants, communication and results of the training.
As a trainer you develop an environment where development is recognized as adding value and is seen to deliver against current and future business requirements. Introduce competency frameworks that fit with the changing needs of the business and are aligned with best practice solutions.
It is the trainer’s objective to maximize success rate while respecting and promoting the safety standards. We therefore measure success rate and operational quality after certification, and monitor and report on the effectiveness of training development initiatives.
What are your duties?
- The trainer needs to meet the required standards to become recognized by Lineas Academy as an official trainer and examiner for these operational domain(s). This implies proven competences as trainer and examiner, expert regulations and process knowledge regarding the linked operational domains
- The trainer has an example-role towards the entire company concerning:
- The correct application of regulatory and safety-rules and motivating colleagues in this behavior
- Develop an environment where development is recognized as adding value and is seen to deliver against current and future business requirements
- Judging objectively as an examiner the competence level of colleagues
- Perform basic trainings for operational staff to acquire new competence:
- Create the training schedule based on the standard training schedule
- Set-up the training plan in Litmos and inform all stakeholders
- Ensure frequent feedback towards participants and their managers during the course of the training. Advise on a deviation program for students who have difficulty during the training course
- Take up a leading role in the organization and execution of the practical training in the field together with the local planning team
- Organize the certification of the participants together with the training coordinator and local management
- Actively follow-up participants during one year after certification to safeguard the competences acquired during basic training
- Perform permanent trainings for operational staff to update and maintain operational competences:
- Support in the development of the training material for the annual sessions
- Perform coachings in the field in collaboration with the local Ops management.
- Perform interactive permanent classroom training sessions
- Give feedback to participants and their managers about the competence level of the participants
- Perform (re)certifications of operational staff in order to confirm the competence of a colleague
- Collaborate with the training coordinator on the development and update of standard issue questionnaires and correction keys used for certification
- Act as an objective examiner during certification and create a clear, traceable certification report
- Communicate the results of a certification to the training coordinator
- Analyze together with the training coordinator the results of quality inspections in order to develop yourself as a trainer and to develop our training methods and courses to improve our training process and training efficiency
- Investigate and develop alternative methods of training design and delivery specifically maximizing multi-media and web based solutions that meet development needs and maximize efficiency
- At least 5% of your time you will perform operational shifts in order to maintain your own operational competences
What is your profile?
- You’re fluent in Dutch or French, with a good knowledge of the other language (Dutch/French) and English
- Bachelor or equivalent by experience
- You have preferably 3 years of experience in an operational function
- You have experience as a trainer or examiner
- You have expertise on operational regulations and process knowledge
- You are a teamplayer, but can also work autonomously
- You have a continuous improvement mindset
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV