Maersk | 05.04.2021 | Antwerpen
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate in our Warehouse & Distribution location in Willebroek is responsible for handling our (global) accounts from end-to-end. Understanding their supply chain, to be able to handle the part through our warehouse/cross-dock facility; also understanding the steps before and after the cross docking at Willebroek.
Customer Service Associate is responsible for planning inbound, outbound, reporting on KPI’s & storage levels, invoicing, handling ocean/air/trucking related bookings on behalf of the customer.
• An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
• Local and global career opportunities with the Group.
• Significant exposure to other Senior stakeholders within and outside the business.
• Attractive salary and benefits to match the successful candidate's skills and experience.
• Day-to-day operations related to your customers. The complete process flow will be followed up, coordinated & managed by you from A to Z. i.e. import/export supply chain tasks: carrier releases, custom formalities, transport/warehouse planning, follow-up/update system data, carrier bookings, document requesting, escalate and solve client-related issues…
• Solving daily operational in/outbound-issues; continuously interacting with the various stakeholders: Inbound department, trucking companies, shipping companies, warehouse, origin teams, key account management, and the customers.
• Keep customers informed of information pertaining to their cargo and general developments. Serve as single point of contact for your client.
• At all times responsible for continuously identifying, documenting and materializing process improvements for your assigned customers.
• Handle non-conformance issues through improved processes and procedures.
• Ensure origin and destination data quality is kept at required levels, as well as keeping track of vendor performance.
• Think on behalf of the customer
• Be aware and understand the profit and loss rate and budget applicable for your clients.
• Support KAM in delivering their customer development ambitions.
• Manage information flow towards customs department.
• Manage accurate and in time invoicing towards the customers
• Manage documentation flow towards customers.
• Ensure effective follow-up and archiving of discrepancies.
• Report to Customer Service Manager.
We are looking for
• Experience in freight forwarding logistics (ocean and air) and customer service environment, experience in warehouse
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work with others and through people and the organization.
• Sense of urgency, initiative and independent competitive drive to get things done.
• Pro-active, professional and hands-on mentality
• Result oriented
• Absolute team player
• Ability to cope in a constant changing environment
• Ability to manage stress
• Flexible, enthusiastic, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Maersk operational structure and functionality
• WMS, TMS and ERP systems experience is a definite plus.
• Focus on continuous improvement with a drive to continuously challenge and improve processes.
• Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Knowledge in ocean and airfreight shipping
• Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, communication skills
• Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
• Knowledge of French, German and other languages is a definite plus
Maersk is opgericht in 1928. Maersk Line is de grootste container rederij in de wereld, die bekend staat voor een betrouwbare, flexibele en eco-efficiënt. Maersk is een onderdeel van de Maersk Group, met het hoofdkantoor in Kopenhagen.
De groep telt meer dan 89 207 mensen in ongeveer 130 landen aan haar klanten in de sector transport, logistiek en supply chain.
Maersk is voortdurend op zoek naar gekwalificeerde medewerkers voor haar diensten Express, Warehousing, Global Freight, Distributie, Supply Chain ...
Bekijk de vacatures van Maersk en sollicteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Maersk